Need body mount advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Many of the body mounts broke due to being seized with rust or were completely perished when I took the 1981 apart. It looks like Toyota still offers most, but not all, of the bits for OEM mounts. I’d still have to scrounge up all the bolts and some spacers that aren’t available. Total cost would likely be something like $500+ for the cobbled together oem solution. I’m trying to stay OEM with everything but I might yield on this for an out of the box solution. CCOT has a kit but it’s out of stock. SOR has a kit but you still have to source bolts (not a problem because there’s a few specialty bolt suppliers in my area). Are there other options? Anyone have experience or opinions on these or other kits?

Thanks

I ordered the CCOT a few months back, and used two of the mounts when replacing the rear sill on my 6/77 FJ-40. The parts are nice enough, though I did have to cut in half the metal "clam shell" the holds the rubber portion to get the parts to fit. Don't recall if I ended up using the two halves or just one, but I'll take a look at my truck today and post again.

I recall seeing some body mount sets on Amazon or eBay, all aftermarket companies.

I still consider this to be one of the best ( and least expensive) things I have done to my 40. It made a huge difference in the ride quality.

They are the same. I don’t know if they are fixed the fitment problems in 79-84 body mounts. It was not so great kit.

Here is more story of them: Daystar FJ40 body mounts, late model - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/daystar-fj40-body-mounts-late-model.881418/
Same??? (I don't understand). Pre-79 are not the same as post-79 Daystar kits. I am aware of late model Daystar fitment issues. Daystar's build is similar to OEM's clam shell design pre-79. I haven't found anyone running the Daystar (for early years). Energy Suspension is what I am running but I just bought Daystar's to compare. ES has awesome customer service-I was missing parts from the kit and they replaced them even though it was bought thru Amazon (not an authorized vendor btw). My only complaint about ES (nit picking) is the SAE bolts in the kit and the running board bolts should have been 1/4" longer.

Agree on SAE…..I ordered a stainless running board bolt kit from overland metric. Took care of the two running board bolts. They are metric

I ordered the CCOT a few months back, and used two of the mounts when replacing the rear sill on my 6/77 FJ-40. The parts are nice enough, though I did have to cut in half the metal "clam shell" the holds the rubber portion to get the parts to fit. Don't recall if I ended up using the two halves or just one, but I'll take a look at my truck today and post again.

I recall seeing some body mount sets on Amazon or eBay, all aftermarket companies.
Thanks for the feedback

Same??? (I don't understand). Pre-79 are not the same as post-79 Daystar kits.
I mean the body mounts which Energy Suspension sells are the Daystar’s.

Of course they are totally different pre-79. I don’t know anything of them, only post-79.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom