Long Travel AHC (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for clarifying guys! Makes sense. I was definitely saying I’d include longer hardware.

I’m thinking maybe they were just saying I should scrap the AHC if I wanted to mod because it’s all uncharted territory. I love the AHC and appreciate all the exploration, engineering, and testing everyone is contributing here.

I have 30mm LC/Tundra strut spacers with hardware I have yet to install. I’d likely return the sensor lift to stock after its done. I wanted to ask Lexus to put them in when I do my 60k AHC fluid replacement. No sense in replacing fluid back to back. Wonder what type of comments I’ll get when I ask them. 😂

Damn it @MTKID! You had to beat me didnt you…
Just waiting for my set of trailing arms to arrive.

Ill end up at 27.5 front shock toppers (using my rubber tema 20mm spacer as a cushion against westcott 7.5, 30mm coil lift in rear, yes @TeCKis300 im looking for extended sway links in front, and drop in rear end link bracket.

Sway links on that forum thread - jomax or bds, still looking for adjustable ones with oem fittings. You know i cant handle noise…

If anyone has a better opyion for front links, do share please.

Also, i need to extend my rear shocks the same roughly.5”, but im not chopping them up like teck did. Is there any fitting we can adapt to the frame rail mount?

I know that space is tight, and the rear lower axle mount im not sure if it should be messed with by welding etc since getting the angles right would be a pain.

EDIT: we didn’t have any instructions, but we’re back in business! Watch the 4Runner install video on their site for much faster understanding 🤦🏻‍♂️

Well, I’m not sure the Westcott parts will work. The inner diameter of their part seems too small for the outer diameter of the shock…

B3A918EC-6860-48BA-A65F-C943D68B3D37.jpeg

…and it wasn’t easy to get the plastic dust/rock shield off of the shock to even slide it on this far :frown:

Last edited:
Well, I’m not sure the Westcott parts will work. The inner diameter of their part seems too small for the outer diameter of the shock…

View attachment 3186670

…and it wasn’t easy to get the plastic dust/rock shield off of the shock to even slide it on this far :frown:

just replied to your pm.
that flange gets knocked out, if it made it this far it should be golden

Although, I couldn’t find any instructions on their site for it and I didn’t get any instructions with mine…

BUT… now we’ve watched the video on their site for the 4Runner kit and we’re back in business for a few more minutes!

Last edited:
Although, I couldn’t find any instructions on their site for and I didn’t get any instructions with mine…

BUT… now we’ve watched the video on their site for the 4Runner kit and we’re back in business for a few more minutes!

im still mad though. Lol

just replied to your pm.
that flange gets knocked out, if it made it this far it should be golden
Indeed it does 👌🏼
77E029F3-C4A6-4003-BE60-0FB01B423AF8.jpeg

Now to put it back together. They should link their 4Runner install video on the LC page. Made so much more sense 🤦🏻‍♂️

Ill end up at 27.5 front shock toppers (using my rubber tema 20mm spacer as a cushion against westcott 7.5, 30mm coil lift in rear, yes @TeCKis300 im looking for extended sway links in front, and drop in rear end link bracket.

Can you expound the shock toppers as you call it? Rubber tema 20mm spacers?

Indeed it does 👌🏼View attachment 3186678

Now to put it back together. They should link their 4Runner install video on the LC page. Made so much more sense 🤦🏻‍♂️

Hell yeah buddy!

Listen my friend, have I provided you with satisfactory support???!??

^southpark

Can you expound the shock toppers as you call it? Rubber tema 20mm spacers?

Yes tema 4x4 on amazon. That kit is also why my top studs are so long.

My only grip about the westcott is the rear top mount spacer does not have rubber isolator against the bucket.

I may spray it with flex seal prior to install.

Hell yeah buddy!

Listen my friend, have I provided you with satisfactory support???!??

^southpark
10/10, Highly Recommend, Would post stupid questions and unnecessary problems here again 😂

10/10, Highly Recommend, Would post stupid questions and unnecessary problems here again 😂

Any tips on not destroying the plastic dust shock body cover?

Their 4Runner video showed heating up and popping it right off. We had figured out the four pressed in tabs that hold it on and heated it also, but we were carefully reaching inside to press those tabs up with a long pry bar. If you can just heat and pop like their video, that’s the winner for sure.

We didn’t destroy ours. It still went back on cleanly, but I like their method.

Their 4Runner video showed heating up and popping it right off. We had figured out the four pressed in tabs that hold it on and heated it also, but we were carefully reaching inside to press those tabs up with a long pry bar. If you can just heat and pop like their video, that’s the winner for sure.

We didn’t destroy ours. It still went back on cleanly, but I like their method.
Check your UCA at full droop. Having that bottom seat spacer should allow you to position the spring (spin it), still seat it and avoid any contact!

Love that, you should see a pretty vast improvement in ride quality with all that preload!

Bringing this conversation in from the general thread. That's great info!

I'm at 17mm with stacked spacers and I did notice the sway links are at about the end of their travel in the droop position. Are you currently running sans front sway?

Would it be as easy as spacing down the sway mounts on the frame by a 1/4"? Or finding some extended sway end links?

I think if I were to do this again, I'd run 2x stacked OEM LC spacers for 20mm. Though the 24mm Tundra spacer would be such an easier install, and maybe just space down the bump stops with larger aftermarket stops in both positions, or spaced down with a large washer.
No front sway bar for about 5k miles. Sport mode negates any body roll when I need it.

The ahc and no sway bar is a game changer. On comfort the flex is incredible and on the highway, sport gives me the support you would expect with a sway bar. I love it. The trick is finding a spacer to utilize all the droop and not have UCA interference.

Thanks for clarifying guys! Makes sense. I was definitely saying I’d include longer hardware.

I’m thinking maybe they were just saying I should scrap the AHC if I wanted to mod because it’s all uncharted territory. I love the AHC and appreciate all the exploration, engineering, and testing everyone is contributing here.

I have 30mm LC/Tundra strut spacers with hardware I have yet to install. I’d likely return the sensor lift to stock after its done. I wanted to ask Lexus to put them in when I do my 60k AHC fluid replacement. No sense in replacing fluid back to back. Wonder what type of comments I’ll get when I ask them. 😂
The beauty of preloading is droop and ride quality. It’s allows for a full sensor lift and stock ride quality or better depending on your weight. Also I can go from low to High in 32 seconds. And high mode actually functions and doesn’t feel over sprung. Especially in comfort.

Check your UCA at full droop. Having that bottom seat spacer should allow you to position the spring (spin it), still seat it and avoid any contact!

Love that, you should see a pretty vast improvement in ride quality with all that preload!
I think my UCA is well clear of the spring. Tundra LCA & SPC UCA for a Tundra.
0726B7CF-26AF-4045-9F26-BF459697B281.jpeg

I think my UCA is well clear of the spring. Tundra LCA & SPC UCA for a Tundra.
View attachment 3186730
Ah, your running SPC’s and tundra arms. That’s full droop? My stock arms touched the spring a few times with high speed impact on the down stoke.

6283A5E4-9E51-4760-BD40-1A63C963A073.jpeg

Ah, your running SPC’s and tundra arms. That’s full droop? My stock arms touched the spring a few times with high speed impact on the down stoke.

View attachment 3186733
That is all back together and hanging without the wheel on it. And it was placed in AHC low before lifting it on the lift, if that possibly makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom