Seat swap with armrest? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HMP

Threads
Got a 62, I like the seats in it...but I would like (and so would the wife) to have an armrest. Really got to thinking about it this weekend driving her 1500 chevy (early 00s), with the built in, fold-down arm rest on the center-side part of the seat.
What exists, or can work, on the 60 series?
Any other Toyota seats that are easy to swap in?
Or maybe the better part is to try to build a center console that's taller? Or buy a Tuffy or something?

PT Cruiser seats each have a single armrest. I modified my '05 pair so I can swap the backs and can have the armrest on whichever side. Right now they're on the outboard side of each seat, but when I eventually modify and reinstall my Tuffy console, I'll decide for sure if I'll want the armrest on the inboard or outboard. Really the location for the passenger will be the deciding factor, since with the 5spd having an inboard armrest for the driver could be problematic and I've only occasionally used it the way it's set up right now (outboard).

Seats and arm rests with taller center console for ya. These seats delayed so many projects of mine because they are expensive sin, but id 100% do it again. They are so comfortable. My wife even says it was worth it, and she normally couldnt care less about stuff i do to the truck

You can either keep you stock console and get an arm rest for each seat, or use this padded console and have it be the armrest for the passenger, and put the armrest on the driver side seat only. There will be 6-7 inch gap from the seat to the arm rest because the handbrake on the floor, so either way you want a built in arm rest on the driver seat, or else you get the weird lean over thing to use the arm rest, like an 80 series

42DDJdth.jpg

Last edited:
PT Cruiser seats each have a single armrest. I modified my '05 pair so I can swap the backs and can have the armrest on whichever side. Right now they're on the outboard side of each seat, but when I eventually modify and reinstall my Tuffy console, I'll decide for sure if I'll want the armrest on the inboard or outboard. Really the location for the passenger will be the deciding factor, since with the 5spd having an inboard armrest for the driver could be problematic and I've only occasionally used it the way it's set up right now (outboard).
Interesting option. Maybe I need to walk around the junkyard one day and see what's there with an armrest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom