Fusible Link (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I’m pretty sure I’m in need of a fusible link for my 1990 FJ62. I’ve got nothing when I turn the key, but still have all dash lights and radio etc. New battery, starter, alternator as well. I have talked to Toyota Matt, but he is currently waiting for parts. Do any of you guys have a temporary solution in the meantime, or know of another source where I can buy one? This truck has always been reliable and I just recently installed a new AGM battery so I’m assuming the wiring is getting old and brittle or it got cross grounded.

Cheers
JB

Test the continuity of the 3 fusible links at the positive post of the battery. Just disconnect the plugs and remove the links and ohm test the connections at either end. If you need a fusible link they are available from Toyota (dealerships) EDIT at least for a 2f not sure about the 62. and look to other land cruiser parts suppliers like Cruiser Corps, Specter off road, Cruiser Outfitters...etc.

Last edited:
Torfab I think used to also, but Toyota Matt might be the only source currently.

I too need a new one. Haven’t had luck. I have two senior electrical engineers at my job that are interested in helping design a modern fix for this (ie no fusible links, but breakers or fuses). No eta though and it’s likely a ways out

Torfab I think used to also, but Toyota Matt might be the only source currently.

I too need a new one. Haven’t had luck. I have two senior electrical engineers at my job that are interested in helping design a modern fix for this (ie no fusible links, but breakers or fuses). No eta though and it’s likely a ways out
Yeah. Seems like something to take care of before it bites ya in the a$$😂

You can repair your FL with the correct (metric) FL wire. Has to be the same sq mm and it's a little hard to find. Also, note, the LENGTH of FL wire has to be the same as the piece you're replacing. If ToyotaMatt restocks, his is best, like OE factory.

There are threads on DIY.

Some useful info here:

You can repair your FL with the correct (metric) FL wire. Has to be the same sq mm and it's a little hard to find. Also, note, the LENGTH of FL wire has to be the same as the piece you're replacing. If ToyotaMatt restocks, his is best, like OE factory.

There are threads on DIY.

Some useful info here:

I burnt up a fusible link once. I replaced it with a new one but rebuilt the old one as a backup, it wasn’t very difficult at all. Finding and ordering the metric link wire probably took longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Jdc1
Back
Top Bottom