wiper / indicator switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought a 100 series front cut from Europe for an engine conversion, and noticed that the indicators were on the left land side instead of the right like we do in Australia, are the American 80's the same? all my other cars are American and it s***s me that the Toyota is different I'm always turning the wipers on. If they are left hand indicator anyone want to send me one to Australia?

All LHD cars I've ever seen have the turn signal stalk on the left side of the steering wheel. From what I'm reading, it's not actually mandated by law, it's just a de facto standard. RHD usually has the turn signal to the right of the steering wheel, but it sounds like it might be less uniform than on LHD vehicles.

I'm told this is how you can spot US military guys living in Japan: they're the ones who turn on their wipers when they approach an intersection to turn.

All LHD cars I've ever seen have the turn signal stalk on the left side of the steering wheel. From what I'm reading, it's not actually mandated by law, it's just a de facto standard. RHD usually has the turn signal to the right of the steering wheel, but it sounds like it might be less uniform than on LHD vehicles.

I'm told this is how you can spot US military guys living in Japan: they're the ones who turn on their wipers when they approach an intersection to turn.

Because I split time between a rhd and lhd car I have to pause and verify which stalk I'm using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom