What did you get your 80 for Christmas? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Being a Southern California truck I have had no rust issues anywhere on this LC, they found a little bondo on roof that the shop thought might have been tree damage and a little in passenger rear fender. No major body damage in the past from what they could tell. Took the whole truck down to bare metal and started over.
That's a deal for what you had done.

I've pondered paint a few times, but if I do I'll de-clad and have to deal with all of the holes. Pretty sure it'd be a horrendous bill ... And I'd go out and pinstripe it on the trail right away. I instantly went out and pinstriped the great paint job @torfab organized on my hood after the louver job. :rolleyes:

I saw your LC at TorFab the day I dropped off mine to get painted, I almost went for louvers but changed mind at last second. I probably won't pinstripe it right away......

Lokka locker is on my "sooner rather than later" list
I ordered a Lokka in June. No response to any email or Facebook. Reached out to the parent company in Australia. No response. Guess my damn near $700 was the price of knowledge about these guys.

I ordered a Lokka in June. No response to any email or Facebook. Reached out to the parent company in Australia. No response. Guess my damn near $700 was the price of knowledge about these guys.
Dude, that sucks. =(

I did snag a boost box on cyber Monday special. @PNWTreeOctopus 's build thread reminded me of why i wanted dual batteries in the first place. I figure this is a cheap get out of jail free card.

View attachment 3180388

Holy crap it comes with a huge manual

View attachment 3180391
The phat manual is because it's Ultrasafe and you need to read 1000 pages to understand why before you can be certified as competent to use the product. :cool:

The phat manual is because it's Ultrasafe and you need to read 1000 pages to understand why before you can be certified as competent to use the product. :cool:
I thought it was just a survival add on so I can carry compact fire lighting material with me. 🤔

I wouldn't want to give up a FF rear end though. I don't recall ever seeing a FF D60 rear.
FF 60 rears exist from OEM cars. I had one from a 70's Jeep J20 pickup for another project. It was even offset to the passenger side, probably would have fit under the 80.

As for Christmas so far my 80 has gotten Metal Tech Control Arms and knuckle ball gussets (to be welded). I got a new sway bar too but that was repair so not really a present. Still 25 shopping days left too!

I am contemplating spraying my truck myself. The moonglow pearl from Automotive Touchup comes out nice. It's been a while but I've done large scale painting before and I can't fathom spending $15k on a paintjob that will stay nice for a week.

I only considered them because they have one that works with my lsd so I don't have to swap carriers

I've never dealt with Lokka so cannot comment on the company, but if you 'reached out' are you sure any response didn't go into a spam/junk email box per chance? I find it odd that you could pay $700 to a business and receiving nothing delivered or not get a response to a genuine inquiry. Lots of places sell diff locks for 4wd's so did you definitely make the purchase direct from Lokka or through a supplier/reseller/importer?

Going on the FAQ's, Lokka is a brand name or business associated with 'Gear to Goannawhere' which is itself conneced to '4wd Systems' located in Stepney, South Australia.

I've never dealt with Lokka so cannot comment on the company, but if you 'reached out' are you sure any response didn't go into a spam/junk email box per chance? I find it odd that you could pay $700 to a business and receiving nothing delivered or not get a response to a genuine inquiry. Lots of places sell diff locks for 4wd's so did you definitely make the purchase direct from Lokka or through a supplier/reseller/importer?

Going on the FAQ's, Lokka is a brand name or business associated with 'Gear to Goannawhere' which is itself conneced to '4wd Systems' located in Stepney, South Australia.
Yep. Straight through lokka.com which is Gear to Goannawhere. If you look at their FB page you see I'm not the only one. Just wish I'd looked prior to purchase. From what I here their gear is damn near bulletproof but their customer service and support is absolutely nonexistent.

Isn’t it Christmas every day you receive a new part?

Tis for me🍻

One of my Amayama orders is slated to arrive around Christmas. ;)

Got my Cruiser a awesome 4x4 Labs Rear Bumper for Christmas! I already gave to him! :)

thumbnail_IMG_8008.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8007.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8006.jpg

I just pulled the trigger on the following:

DVS 5 inch “L” radius arms
DVS full frontal protection bumper
DVS rear, dual swing outs, ladder, tire carrier, extension table with burner, hi-lift something or other. May add more stuff but got the essentials
ComeUp 12.5 winch
Icon Rebound in titanium x5
Baja Designs Squadrons

Now I need some 31s to fit those wheels. Maybe next Christmas.

Thanks to @Feldrian for the winch advice. Thanks to @Delta VS for taking care of vets.

Last edited:
I just pulled the trigger on the following:

DVS 3 inch “L” radius arms
DVS full frontal protection bumper
DVS rear, dual swing outs, ladder, tire carrier, extension table with burner, hi-lift something or other. May add more stuff but got the essentials
ComeUp 12.5 winch
Icon Rebound in titanium x5
Baja Designs Squadrons

Now I need some 31s to fit those wheels. Maybe next Christmas.

Thanks to @Feldrian for the winch advice. Thanks to @Delta VS for taking care of vets.

Do they do a ****ing military discount?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom