winch for a stock LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does someone make a winch specifically for the LX570?
i mean the bumper has all sorts of sensors for airbag deployment, and parking assist, and radar cruise control.
so i do not want to go screwing around with the stock bumper.

what i was wondering is does someone make an electric front winch that i can bolt onto the chassis somehow, but does not sit in front of any of that radar sensor stuff, so that it still works fine with the winch installed?

i notice my parking assist really flips out when i am towing a trailer. it is not intelligent enough to know i am towing, and thinks i am about to back up into another car right behind me.
that is the sort of stupid electronics stuff i would want to avoid after i bolt on a winch in front.

2018 LX570

Failing that, is there some sort of add-on portable winch that i can just hook up to the recovery points, that sits maybe 10 feet in front of the car, and pulls me out of a ditch electrically? kind of the equivalent to just using a come-a-long, but that runs off of 12V that is supplied by a pair of wires from my suv.

Search up hidden winch mount.
Probably none are crash rated, and unless you get tricksy like @TeCKis300 you’ll be removing the crash bar to put in the winch

For the cleanest installation you can try to get a factory winch somewhere. Otherwise just aftermarket.
I don't know if this conflicts with possible sensors because Toyota has actually only installed the winch in the Africa versions.

Does someone make a winch specifically for the LX570?
i mean the bumper has all sorts of sensors for airbag deployment, and parking assist, and radar cruise control.
so i do not want to go screwing around with the stock bumper.

what i was wondering is does someone make an electric front winch that i can bolt onto the chassis somehow, but does not sit in front of any of that radar sensor stuff, so that it still works fine with the winch installed?

i notice my parking assist really flips out when i am towing a trailer. it is not intelligent enough to know i am towing, and thinks i am about to back up into another car right behind me.
that is the sort of stupid electronics stuff i would want to avoid after i bolt on a winch in front.

2018 LX570

Failing that, is there some sort of add-on portable winch that i can just hook up to the recovery points, that sits maybe 10 feet in front of the car, and pulls me out of a ditch electrically? kind of the equivalent to just using a come-a-long, but that runs off of 12V that is supplied by a pair of wires from my suv.
More power puller

Dude is catching a sweat.🍩

well i HAVE a high quality come-a-long. i was just using it to move around a big stone statue i have that i had flopped down on a plywood sled. the problem, which is more obvious if you are cranking that lever, is that you are right in the line of fire for that cable. if the cable breaks, or the attach point lets loose, that end hook is flying right at your head! You do not necessarily know just how much tension is on the cable.

i supposed if i brought a long recovery chain, i could keep the length of the cable let out of the machine short, like maybe 6 feet, and let the chain take up most of the length. (the chain does not store up kinetic energy like a synthetic rope of steel cable would)

a secondary problem is you only advance the cable maybe an inch with every pull of the lever, so you are litterally there for a long time cranking it.

but yes, that IS one option for me....just rope up to my recovery points and start swinging that come-a-long lever for the next half hour. might rope up the end shackle with a secondary small nylon rope, in case it busts loose

Maybe you're a good candidate for some bog outs? I ran a pair for years (never needed them but was good peace of mind). I still have one in my drawer in case I need to recover backward.

You have a 2016+. The CBI front bumper that is about 70% hidden winch mount and 30% front bumper is probably your best option. For some reason they say it is only for 2019-2021 models, but i don't know if it's been confirmed that it really only works with those years.

lx570front.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom