Poll: What size tires are you running? (1 Viewer)

What size tires are you running?

• 38" or larger

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 37"

Votes: 31 13.7%
  • 35"

Votes: 78 34.4%
  • 34"

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • 33"

Votes: 80 35.2%
  • 32" or OEM

Votes: 19 8.4%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't see a poll option for cinder blocks under the axles

I have to laugh when people say that there 33s or 35s can go where 37s or 40s can go. 😝
Yes driving skills have a lot to do with it, Yes if your over-landing smaller tires can go were bigger tires go.
If your running hard core trails no smaller tires can't go where bigger tires go.

I have to laugh when people say that there 33s or 35s can go where 37s or 40s can go. 😝
Yes driving skills have a lot to do with it, Yes if your over-landing smaller tires can go were bigger tires go.
If your running hard core trails no smaller tires can't go where bigger tires go.
I love snow wheeling and tire size i a huge factor in where you can go and what you can do. I'm amazed at how much further rigs on 40s can go that I can with 37s. Likewise amazed at how much further I go than trucks on 35s (assuming similar weights and tire pressures).

PXL_20220101_173130948.jpg

The 37s will push through damp snow to about the bottom of the bumper with 10psi in the tires and lockers engaged as long as I don't break through (sitting on top in this pic - Snow was about 36- 38" deep). Can push through dry stuff to about the Lexus symbol on the grill, but rapidly have a heat problem from a plugged rad.

Last edited:
35’s atm. Trail rig with street use. Plan to trailer to long distance from home highway wheelin trips.

37x12.5, dedicated toy. 4:56 gears, 8 speed transmission, no under drive, v8, ~5" suspension, light trimming to front fender corners. 1 1'/2" wheel spacers. Required timbrens on the rear to stop contact at top of the arch on full compression because I drive like a jerk. No issues up front.

Drives happily down the freeway at 90MPH with 1 flinger on the wheel, much to the dismay of the unstreetable Jeeps I wheel with.

View attachment 3181692View attachment 3181691
Tahuya? Wheeled there several times when I was stationed in Bremerton.

You know I have 37's, and it's no longer my daily driver. On the current project I'm going to do 35's. 37's are really expensive, especially if your getting 5.
So before I said I was going to buy 35s for my current project. . . .But I found a good deal on 37s :flipoff2:

315's on 4.10 works great with the 6.0

80 scoop.png

If you’re running hard core trails no smaller tires can't go where bigger tires go.
I thought I’d be on 35s for a super long time. Then I tried an actually hard trail and my 35s got eaten by a hole made by a 40🙄

I thought I’d be on 35s for a super long time. Then I tried an actually hard trail and my 35s got eaten by a hole made by a 40🙄
So true !
This is the exact story I told my wife when I wanted to go from 35s to 37s and then to 39s ;)

Yeah, there is definitely a "can't even play" factor on some trails. If someone chewed holes, walls, etc. with bigger tires you don't even get to play on something smaller you just get insta-stuck. I remember back in the late 90s with Interco released the Bogger and a number of guys started running 44" boggers on the trails where I used to run on 37s ... I ended up on 44 boggers next year, otherwise pretty well what ever obstacle I entered would get get me insta-stuck in the first 10 feet because the ruts were so huge.

Great looking rig.

Looks like a power steering leak? Nice thing about snow at least you can see what color the leaking fluid is and takes the guess work out of it.

How are those Coopers in the snow, I use to have a set on my 1st Gen Xterra and they were great in the mud.
a bit of power steering (rust proofing) and coolant. my old TRAD isnt happy when the temp drop past -20c. Have a new koyo to go in once the garage is cleaned up enough to roll it in. Coopers are great on the snow in 4x4.

Had 33’s (255/80-17) on my last 80, current rig came with 35x12.50’s. I like the aesthetic value of the 35’s but I think when I get around to new skins I am going to split the difference and try out the new Mickies in 255/85-17 which puts me at 34+ but still only 10” wide to get my more on road snow/dig performance back. As the current set up is kinda scary when the roads get slippery.

Truck isn’t just a toy but want it to be able to do most things well other than hard core obstacles trail stuff as most of what I do is deep back country exploring on fire/logging access. I refuse to call it overlanding it’s just a drive in the woods to me

I just bought 37s…. And I’m setting up the car to live with 40s. This is dumb
I think 40s are the end of the line for a 80.
If you want to go to the next step time for a buggy 🤷‍♂️

I think 40s are the end of the line for a 80.
If you want to go to the next step time for a buggy 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, I agree. I don't want to hack up the 80 and turn it in to a trail s***box. If I had space, a trailer and a tow rig I'd probably have a tube buggy or some kind of truggy on big rubber. 🤔

I think 44 and larger is common in Iceland. Wouldn’t fit in my garage, though.

I’m not positive but I think Iceland has a small percentage of Land Cruiser compared to other parts of the world especially ones on 44s 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom