Wiper linkage bushing (Front) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My bushing is shot and I'm curious if anyone has a decent fix or source for the bushings.
Looks like @NLXTACY has on for 60 series, anyone know if those can fit an 80?

I saw a thread which involved some welding on the linkage, I'm hoping for a more simple solution.

Thanks fellas.

Can you point to the "bushing"?
1669826778231.png

There isn't a separate part I'd identify as a bushing. All the pins fit into machined holes.

Darn. The rear linkage with bushings is only like $30.

I would probably start by looking at those bushing assortments sold under the Help brand (Dorman, I think). They don't list any matches on their site, but maybe Toyota uses common bushing designs...

The bushings aren't available from Toyota and the US market linkage is NLA. There's a non-US market linkage that's available (85150-60101), but nobody has confirmed that it's a direct swap-in. It's only $137 from Partsouq.

I had the bushing at the wiper motor connection fail… I looked at the aftermarket repair kits on the parts store shelves, but couldn’t find anything that worked. I ended up sourcing a used linkage from @slow95z .

4F8969A4-C43F-492D-B639-6A64124C35DB.jpeg

Ouch a new wiper motor for RHD 85110-60101 is almost A$700 through Amayama and the linkage assembly 85150-60120 is about A$270 while the revised one 85150-60121 shows at about A$170.

I've replaced the wiper arms with the screw on style blades with later version using clip-in style blades but otherwise not had any problems.

While things are apart is a good time to dismantle the wiper linkage spindles to clean and regrease the small hub and internal brass bushings. IME the original grease washes out and/or dries up (inside the spindle housing/bracket) leaving no lube for the short wiper spindles along with allowing water entry.

Top photo shows the wiper arm spindle after having a lube port/tunnel machined down the spindle shaft then a side port drilled into the shaft to allow grease to flow where it's needed between the bushings

FZJ80 wiper spindle.JPG

View of the internal brass bushings before they were packed with grease

FZJ80 wiper spindle assembly.JPG

FWIW

Last edited:
Nice one didn't realise that was how they were made internally.

Might be worth trying the same thing with mine that's now getting close to 33 yrs since manufacture. I wonder if the revision to the part number is connected to those bushes?

I use something like Wurth HHS-2000 or 'forklift grease' for these type of fittings as the grease draws in and tends to wick down. Not sure how effectively though.

Last edited:
Any lube is better than no lube. It was a bit fiddly to pry the washers or clips off but once you figure out the first one the next is easy.

that looks just like the one I make for the 60 but never had a reason to test on the 80.
That would be amazing if it did

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom