Daniel Stern Lighting install HELP... FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jesus888

SILVER Star
Threads
So for my lighting upgrade, I purchased what Daniel Stern suggested... I am not wanting to go LED for this one at the moment...
  • Cibie high/low beam ($189/pair) and Koito high-beam ($169/pair)
  • Tungsram +120 precision-focus, ultra high luminance 60/55w high/low beam ($43.18/pair) and high-beam ($35.18/pair) bulbs
  • A custom-built, correctly-configured, ready-to-install relay harness assembly for your FJ62 is $209
I have emailed him to ask my question, but I thought it may be something simple that someone could chime in with...

After installing per his instructions (and similar to other instructions that I see)...
  • When Low Beam switch in ON, Neither the Low or High beams turn on...
  • When High Beam switch is ON, BOTH the Low and High beams turn on...
These are all fresh new sealed beam headlights. My "Trigger" male plug is plugged into the Passenger side Low beam female plug.

Thoughts?

See this thread: fj62 Daniel Stern headlight upgrade problems - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fj62-daniel-stern-headlight-upgrade-problems.274362/
For similar issues from building his harness kit. Could be he builds his harness to the same incorrect instructions he used to send out..

Here are his instructions with my corrective notes scrawled on them:

Well, thank you for this... it got me thinking... when I saw some details on the instructions you linked... that the DS harness has the high and low beam using different plugs than what was OEM... I switched them, and everything works! Thanks. I need to aim them tonight and see exactly how bright they are with a drive tonight but at least they're lighting up as they are supposed to now. Thank you.

Instructions..
Here are the updates super detailed instructions. 🧐

B133A679-5858-4FCD-AB05-635CA52E936E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom