Anyone local with a press? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

surfpig

The Anti-Tech
Threads
Hello! I need to replace my rear lower control arm bushings. Does anyone local have a handy press? I have access to a 12 ton at work, seeing if there are the thingies available to do the job.

I’d suggest using a 20 ton. I had to take mine panhard bars into a shop to have them pressed out. They even had trouble getting the old ones out. I took them to Hunters 4x4 in Citrus Heights.

I’d suggest using a 20 ton. I had to take mine panhard bars into a shop to have them pressed out. They even had trouble getting the old ones out. I took them to Hunters 4x4 in Citrus Heights.
I did the same last year with the fronts, a good local shop, works on a lot of the classic cars here. He couldn't so it. He was all, "Damn. This thing is built like a truck!"

:lol:

I have a 20T press and some of the bushing pucks from wits end.
Bushings ordered. Once I get them, I think I'll try to find an old socket at the used tool shop nearby, something has to have a 53mm OD, right? I might put the OEM control arms on, they should have less than 100k miles on them. PO had some heavy-tubed ones made, using heim joints or something. That's what's worn out.

Bushings ordered. Once I get them, I think I'll try to find an old socket at the used tool shop nearby, something has to have a 53mm OD, right? I might put the OEM control arms on, they should have less than 100k miles on them. PO had some heavy-tubed ones made, using heim joints or something. That's what's worn out.
Damn, I thought you already had the bushings. I have a whole rear set sitting in my tool box. :doh:

Damn, I thought you already had the bushings. I have a whole rear set sitting in my tool box. :doh:
I thought I did too!
Maybe lost in the miasmis of my garage.

Oh lookie!
AF1DD50F-EFC5-4D1F-BA5F-353AC975927B.jpeg

Anyone around here have a 53mm bushing driver (is that what they're called)? One of my impact sockets might work, I haven't checked.

I have Wit’s end kit. Swing by to borrow it.
That would be awesome. Where are you located? I'm downtown Sac basically.

We can take this offline of course...

Thanks so much to ATWALZ and TYM4FUN for helping me out today! I suppose we learned a couple of things today (bring earplugs)…

Thanks so much to ATWALZ and TYM4FUN for helping me out today! I suppose we learned a couple of things today (bring earplugs)…
Great learning experience and nice to meet you.

In the spirit of asking for help and joining the community, would anyone be willing to help me remove and replace upper and lower control arm bushings?

I have neither a press nor bushing press thingies. I can provide earplugs, food + drinks, laughter, etc.

I called around to like 4 shops but offroad shops have several month wait, and normal shops don't want to touch suspensions on off-road vics.

In the spirit of asking for help and joining the community, would anyone be willing to help me remove and replace upper and lower control arm bushings?

I have neither a press nor bushing press thingies. I can provide earplugs, food + drinks, laughter, etc.

I called around to like 4 shops but offroad shops have several month wait, and normal shops don't want to touch suspensions on off-road vics.
Did you try Valley Hybrids in Stockton? They do this stuff all the time. Great people to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom