What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (42 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Their own pipeline and no demand like in CA?
The short answer is policy. CA produces nearly as much oil as Alaska, and while the population / demand argument holds a small bit of truth truth. CA has plenty of pipelines and ability to move petrol products where they need to go. The largest net cost in making a gallon of fuel is the cost of the globally set and traded crude oil market price

Then there is the cost of dealing with the all environmental regs and red tape for producers, refiners, shippers, and end retailers must bake into the gallon of product just to get it out of the ground moved around and made into something useful and sold at end point of sale. Those costs are substantially higher in CA than anywhere else in the nation for no reason other than CA said so. As well as the sheer number of individual mandated gasoline blends sold at final point of sale in CA,

Last but not least you have TAXES. In cal at 6 bucks a gallon total retail price a full 20% of that or $1.18 (iirc it’s right close for that) goes to various state local and federal revenue collectors. A full dollar of that goes to CA. AK on the other hand has a state tax on gas of less than a dime, has low refining, shipping and production, cost associated with its permitting and red tape, as well as lower population. So yes your were sorta right, yet somehow I suspect you knew all this already

Discount on Toyota parts and free shipping 11/24 to 11/28 Monday
1669564203215.png

Looks like @Outsane is making a kit. I'll pay the little extra to have it all right. And shipping to Mexico is more than the kit anyway.
I use Dorman 38536 for the cable, I also modify the cable and lathe down the bolt to fit the cable on the top side. #NoProfit

Their own pipeline and no demand like in CA?

Tax per gallon at the state level.

Alaska pays .09 a gallon for fuel
California pays .54 a gallons.

I know that's only .45 a gallon of the price difference.

According to AAA the average gallon of fuel in Alaska is 4.35 and Cali is 5.05

That.45 makes up most the diffe

Last edited:
Looks like @Outsane is making a kit. I'll pay the little extra to have it all right. And shipping to Mexico is more than the kit anyway.
I was going to order one, but he’s back ordered.

Got around to installing the Wits End rear ABS delete plate. I also removed all of the wiring and sensors from the rear. Getting closer to having everything removed!

6E343341-F296-47F1-85A1-714CC6870441.jpeg

463CC282-5D91-403F-BD43-5A604E2A4769.jpeg

Excuse my dumbness but why remove the ABS system, broken?
Well the ABS system on my rig hasn’t been working for years (6-7). I could never bleed the ABS brain after replacing brake components so I just removed the ABS fuse and light in the dash. I’ve been driving it that way ever since. Figured I remove everything, make some extra room under the hood , get rid of dead weight and maybe sell it all for a few bucks.

$3.46 a gallon my math says... gas here is still about $6 in Cali.
Saw in a vid it was $3.77 in upper Alaska, go figure that one out???
We drove through a small CA town Saturday night and saw $2.99/gal. for 87 Octane at a Sinclair station. They still had a small line of cars at 10:30 PM.

So, if the diffs are coming apart to install lockers (I’m leaning toward ARBs), do I have them reuse the stock ring and pinion, and do the both transfer case gears, or change gearing to 4.88 and only do the low range transfer case gear?

So, if the diffs are coming apart to install lockers (I’m leaning toward ARBs), do I have them reuse the stock ring and pinion, and do the both transfer case gears, or change gearing to 4.88 and only do the low range transfer case gear?
when you "regear" your not changing anything in the T-Case your changing the ring and pinion in both the F&R diffs to achieve the lower final drive gearing Since your pulling the 3rds to add lockers now is the perfect time to spend a bit more money and regear if that is what you want or need to do.

I really need to swap to 4.88 but I am not sure I am going to stay with the 35's and might go back down to a tire size or 2

when you "regear" your not changing anything in the T-Case your changing the ring and pinion in both the F&R diffs to achieve the lower final drive gearing

No... His question is should be regear while it's apart or swap out tcase gears to achieve a similar effect.

If you want 4.88s regear. The tcase is more equivalent to 4.56s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom