Good seat cover for 200 series? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've got the Escape gear on my 200 as well, really happy with them. Protect the back seat from my large golden retriever

I've got the Escape gear on my 200 as well, really happy with them. Protect the back seat from my large golden retriever
Are they loose? Seems like all the pics I’ve seen of them look pretty loose.

I have Coverking seatcovers front and rear on my 2008. I got them through Costco for I believe $299 a row. They've been on going on 6 years and still look great. When I ordered they only had black for that price so that's why the aren't tan to match the leather.

https://imgur.com/gallery/8EEB1?s=sms
Do you have a link to what you ordered? Can you feel the heated seats through them? How is the fit?

Equipt told me they don’t make them for 2015 LX 570 (either because LX bolstering on front seats is different from LC and/or because of headrest monitors) - can anyone confirm whether they have Escape covers on a 2013-2015 LX?

Received my charcoal poly cotton escapes covers with monitor. Tried to install them. I own a 2018 land cruiser with rear entertainment system. First obstacle: the flap on the rear of the front seats have a courtesy led light with wires . Could not free the flap.. Second obstacle: incredibly tight fit almost impossible to put on the seat. Any suggestions? Thanks

Where you able to get these installed? Trying to compared the LC rear seat entertainment system to the 2013 LX version it looks like the location and size of the screen bracket are very close... I am hoping it is possible to squeeze the LC covers onto the LX seats.

My LX seat is becoming a terrible problem, just like my 80. Do the Escapes fit the 2009 LX seats?

Also, @nikramos how are your covers holding up? I really like the sleek Rixxu look.

My LX seat is becoming a terrible problem, just like my 80. Do the Escapes fit the 2009 LX seats?

Also, @nikramos how are your covers holding up? I really like the sleek Rixxu look.
The seat covers are holding really well. I have the same seat covers including the rear on my built 100 that I gave to my son and my 2 grandkids are really testing them. It still looks new with all the abused it has taken. I will be buying them for my 2013 LX and 15 Tundra I bought one for my 96 80 but haven’t installed it yet

Man, that Equipt video was a very good idea! You can really see why they are so expensive. Clearly they're very high-quality with excellent stitching and attention to detail.

That said, after a lot of research, I ended up going with EKR custom fit seat covers for the following reasons:

- They ACTUALLY look damn near stock, dare I say even better than stock? Not just in the promo photos like most of these companies, but in actual customer review videos. The fit is absolutely amazing.
- They use a faux leather material with multiple layers of padding. This may not be as durable as canvas or cordura used on some others I looked at (Equipt, Caltrend), but it looks closer to factory, it's waterproof, should be easy to clean/wipe off, is still pretty durable with multiple layers, and should be much easier on the seats themselves (which is kinda the whole point of seat covers) AND on my own clothes. Canvas, especially 1000D, is very durable and heavy duty, but also rough on clothing, cotton, denim, or suits. Not a big deal, but noteworthy.
- Way cheaper than other options. Front row was $200 with 10% for Black Friday, free shipping, no tax, came out to $179.99 shipped. Less than half the price of Equipt.
- Faster shipping/lead times than some other companies (1-2 weeks vs 6-8 weeks for some).
- Lots of excellent reviews.....and the videos of these things look amazing, even on oddly shaped seat designs that should be much harder to match than the relatively standard LC200 seat.

Turns out there are lots of other good custom seat cover options out there, even very high-end stuff like Katzkin, but almost nobody makes them specifically for Land Cruisers. So the best options seem to be those mentioned here in this thread; Equipt, Caltrend, and EKR.
The only color option they offer for Land Cruiser is black, which I was bummed about at first cause I wanted more a light grey to match my interior. But looking closer at my interior, nothing matches anyway. The dash/console trim is black, the seat frame plastic is grey, the seat leather is slightly lighter grey, the carpet is a slightly different grey, and the headliner is even lighter grey....so getting a "matching" seat cover is kinda pointless. Matching what? The original mismatched seat color?

I figure I already have black Husky floor mats, black molle panels for the interior, and will be adding a drawer system in the back that will probably be black also, and again, the dash/center console plastic is already black, so black seat covers will actually match better than grey.

Anyhow, I'll be doing my own video review when I get these. If they suck, I'll be the first to let ya'll know.

Man, that Equipt video was a very good idea! You can really see why they are so expensive. Clearly they're very high-quality with excellent stitching and attention to detail.

That said, after a lot of research, I ended up going with EKR custom fit seat covers for the following reasons:

- They ACTUALLY look damn near stock, dare I say even better than stock? Not just in the promo photos like most of these companies, but in actual customer review videos. The fit is absolutely amazing.
- They use a faux leather material with multiple layers of padding. This may not be as durable as canvas or cordura used on some others I looked at (Equipt, Caltrend), but it looks closer to factory, it's waterproof, should be easy to clean/wipe off, is still pretty durable with multiple layers, and should be much easier on the seats themselves (which is kinda the whole point of seat covers) AND on my own clothes. Canvas, especially 1000D, is very durable and heavy duty, but also rough on clothing, cotton, denim, or suits. Not a big deal, but noteworthy.
- Way cheaper than other options. Front row was $200 with 10% for Black Friday, free shipping, no tax, came out to $179.99 shipped. Less than half the price of Equipt.
- Faster shipping/lead times than some other companies (1-2 weeks vs 6-8 weeks for some).
- Lots of excellent reviews.....and the videos of these things look amazing, even on oddly shaped seat designs that should be much harder to match than the relatively standard LC200 seat.

Turns out there are lots of other good custom seat cover options out there, even very high-end stuff like Katzkin, but almost nobody makes them specifically for Land Cruisers. So the best options seem to be those mentioned here in this thread; Equipt, Caltrend, and EKR.
The only color option they offer for Land Cruiser is black, which I was bummed about at first cause I wanted more a light grey to match my interior. But looking closer at my interior, nothing matches anyway. The dash/console trim is black, the seat frame plastic is grey, the seat leather is slightly lighter grey, the carpet is a slightly different grey, and the headliner is even lighter grey....so getting a "matching" seat cover is kinda pointless. Matching what? The original mismatched seat color?

I figure I already have black Husky floor mats, black molle panels for the interior, and will be adding a drawer system in the back that will probably be black also, and again, the dash/center console plastic is already black, so black seat covers will actually match better than grey.

Anyhow, I'll be doing my own video review when I get these. If they suck, I'll be the first to let ya'll know.

Are the EKR seat covers breathable in the sense that ventilated seats will blow through them?

Would you mind posting a picture of yours installed?

Last edited:
Are the EKR seat covers breathable in the sense that ventilated seats will blow through them?

Would you mind posting a picture of yours installed?

They wouldn't be breathable, but they're waterproof. Man I wish my 08 had ventilated seats. I had a rental car with that option during a very warm summer. Awwwwww man those are nice.

Just ordered the EKR seat covers. $350 out the door for all three rows. I'll keep everyone posted on delivery time, quality and install.
I wish they were breathable for the ventilation in the summer, but I'm used to no AC and I live in CO, so not that big of deal, really.

Just ordered the EKR seat covers. $350 out the door for all three rows. I'll keep everyone posted on delivery time, quality and install.
I wish they were breathable for the ventilation in the summer, but I'm used to no AC and I live in CO, so not that big of deal, really.
Any updates, pics, thoughts on these? The price looks right.

Any updates on the EKR?

Also in for updates on the EKR. I would love to have a faux brown leather cover that looks OEM. I wish i had that color interior. Also dogs. I bought a knock off center console cover from alibaba and it lasted 3 months before the dogs tore it up.

I contacted them a few minutes ago about options other than faux leather and they said they could do it. Now whether they would be as durable as the other options on the market, that's a different story... will post if there are any further updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom