To those with BMW 3 series seats, how much space is down there? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I’m wondering if someone can tell me how much space you have under your BMW 3 series seats, especially manual (non-electric) seats. Wondering if one can fit some of these compact 8” subwoofers. Alpine makes one that is 3” tall

Alpine Electronics PWE-S8 Restyle Compact Powered 8-Inch Subwoofer , black https://a.co/d/dG0ufJ4

3” would probably clear. I’ve got Torfabs brackets with manual 3 series seats. I have a small sub under one seat, and an amp under the other. I also have a thick piece of foam under the carpet, so pics don’t necessarily represent the normal space with only the Toyota jute padding.

Here is a pic of the amp.
03479163-4DD7-4BCB-AC2D-116EB23BC219.jpeg

B228DAC8-B611-4282-AB8E-823DE0833F89.jpeg

12923FAC-053F-40E4-9693-674BA03409A2.jpeg

Thank you for taking the time to measure that! What sub and amp did you use? Maybe I’ll do that route if it’s a legit sub that fits I’m sure it’s better than two of these self powered mini subs

Hey all,

I’m wondering if someone can tell me how much space you have under your BMW 3 series seats, especially manual (non-electric) seats. Wondering if one can fit some of these compact 8” subwoofers. Alpine makes one that is 3” tall

Alpine Electronics PWE-S8 Restyle Compact Powered 8-Inch Subwoofer , black https://a.co/d/dG0ufJ4
Thats the one I had under my 60 (that I just sold). Manual seats on Torfab brackets.....fit perfect.

Thank you for taking the time to measure that! What sub and amp did you use? Maybe I’ll do that route if it’s a legit sub that fits I’m sure it’s better than two of these self powered mini subs
I went with this mini sub in addition to 6.5” components in the doors. The amp is powering the door and cargo area speakers.

Looks like the sub is 2.75” tall according to the Amazon listing.

Between the door speakers and the little sub it’s plenty of low end for me, but I can imagine some folks wanting more.

Happy to snap a few more pics if it would be helpful.

CBAA5941-4C69-4281-BD55-C3CCD251DEAF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom