Front driver side CV axle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What seals/gaskets will I need to do the job? Also what have people experience been going the aftermarket route vs OEM? I like sticking to oem but they’re triple the cost

Are you only wanting to do 1 side of the birfield? I would stick to oem. Having a kit is nice.

Call Cruiser Outfitters. Actually talk to a person and they can help explain EXACTLY what it is you want and need. These folks know their stuff.

That's where I buy mine as well and they helped me when I was a newb.

Yep, call cruiser outfitters, they will get you taken care of.

Our Cruiser Outfitters Japanese birfs are OEM quality at a fraction of the cost.

We would love to help with your parts needs!

Info@cruiseroutfitters.com / 801-563-1277

Our Cruiser Outfitters Japanese birfs are OEM quality at a fraction of the cost.

We would love to help with your parts needs!

Info@cruiseroutfitters.com / 801-563-1277
Sweet I’ll reach out! I should point out about a year ago it was replaced by a Toyota dealership, but they must’ve messed it up and forgot to add grease or something lol

Sweet I’ll reach out! I should point out about a year ago it was replaced by a Toyota dealership, but they must’ve messed it up and forgot to add grease or something lol

What year is your 80 Series? US spec?

Yep, US spec, K294 axles. I’m thinking maybe all the seals could still be good since they’re new, but haven’t done this job before.

Year?

Not
Yep, US spec, K294 axles. I’m thinking maybe all the seals could still be good since they’re new, but haven’t done this job before.
Not worth it to open it up and not put all new seals and gaskets 😉

I mean that’s the thing, they basically are brand new haha
So is the birfields 🤷‍♂️
The seal is super easy to damage, I would want one on hand. I buy a few set at a time just to have some on hand. but to each his own.

I use the Cruiser Outfitters knuckle kits every time I rebuild. You definitely want an extra inner axle seal or two if you don’t have experience installing seals. The only variable I have are the Longfield lifetime wiper seals. (No longer available)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom