Extensive House Remodel...somewhat unplanned (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Windex just doubled production when they saw this thread!
Right!? Window washing has taken on a whole new meaning...especially with a 80lb dog...he leaves his legacy everywhere!

Finally able to update this some more. We installed the rest of the cabinets in the kitchen, along with a new stove and had the countertops installed. I ended up closing in the skylight in the kitchen because it was off-center from everything and drove me nuts. I miss the natural light, but it's not bad.

The window over the sink turned out as well as it could. The countertops run into the window, which I had seen online. Installing that window with no countertops in place was un-nerving to say the least, but it all worked out in the end. Happy with the countertops and cabinets. We still have to figure out a backsplash. I ordered two of these orange glass panels from Europe. They are magnetic and would span the entire counter between the fridge. Seemed like a perfect option until I put the outlets in and the glass is tempered. So, on to finding something else.

IMG_3545.jpg

My wife loves the kitchen. She is a very frugal woman and the only thing she has ever wanted was a big kitchen island. She finally has it after living here 7 years.
It's 9ft x 4ft.

IMG_3544.jpg

Best part about the kitchen is the view of the lake while standing at the island...

IMG_3546.jpg

Still have a long way to go, but it's coming together.

Looks great, we put $5000 of cheap upgrades (cabinets, flooring, little carpet and paint) to the 40 year old single wide we are living in until we can get our house started. Simply doing that made it so much more comfortable and palatable since the elderly couple we purchased from had never done anything and those colors and tones are never coming back...

Looks great, we put $5000 of cheap upgrades (cabinets, flooring, little carpet and paint) to the 40 year old single wide we are living in until we can get our house started. Simply doing that made it so much more comfortable and palatable since the elderly couple we purchased from had never done anything and those colors and tones are never coming back...
Lol, definitely helps! I bet that’s an experience while waiting on your house. Might make for a great guest house when you’re finally done!

A beautiful transformation!

I was deployed for 7 months the end of 20 into 21, so that slowed the progress. This summer I was finally able to finish the siding. My little helper...if I am outside working on anything, she is by my side...always. If you have a young one, you know how that goes. Slows the process, but I wouldn't change it for the world. She just turned 6 and can run a screw gun, a drill, and loves to measure things.

View attachment 2858222

I had ordered these two 7ft windows for one of our daughters bedrooms, as they are the same in the dining area of the house. Somehow when I ordered them I didn't think about needing windows in the bedroom that would open, so had to order different windows. So, with two extra 7ft windows, I decided to turn them on their side and use them in the attached garage. One on the back and one on the side of the garage.

View attachment 2858225

Still need to paint the door trim and the door!

I might be over thinking this but can you add a link for that siding?

Looks great!

I might be over thinking this but can you add a link for that siding?

Looks great!
I’m not sure of the manufacture of the siding but will see if I can find an invoice. I ordered it from a local supplier, I believe they have shops throughout the United States. www.Gulfeaglesupply.com

It’s basically steel pole barn siding.

Wow ! Wish I had know you did all this work when we were at your house. Excellent work, Ed

Beautiful job!! Are you using triple glaze? My cottage is north of you in Ontario .. outside the Sault on Whitefish Bay (Superior) I used double glaze and have to run the heat all winter (when I am not there) or the drywall cracks ... it gets expensive as the only options are electric, oil or propane :) If I do it again I may put a lot fewer windows in facing the lake.... or just use wood paneling on all the walls and let the place chill right down during the winter. I really like the island and the chairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom