FJ43 Owners: Sourcing New MPR Hardtop Gaskets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm about to get the sides of my MPR hardtop on my 1982 FJ43 painted to match the original 464 sand beige paint scheme. I'm trying to source new gaskets for the windows, so I can pull the glass while painting and replace with fresh glass (on the side sliding windows, at least).

Does anyone know of a place to purchase these gaskets? Or a similar product that would do the job? I don't think 40 gaskets would necessarily work, due to the different window dimensions, but I could be wrong. Thanks!

287668344_10102070638660739_4350601468532179879_n.jpg

I'm looking for corner glass and gaskets for my MPR top for my fj40. Did you ever find anyone who makes them or can get them?

It seems that your Fj43 looks very good, when I took out the rubbers they were all still very soft and not cracked so I used them again.

My corner windows are plexiglass and I think most of the MPR tops had plastic curved corner windows? Let us all know if you find a suitable corner window seal/gasket.

devo

My corner windows are plexiglass and I think most of the MPR tops had plastic curved corner windows? Let us all know if you find a suitable corner window seal/gasket.

devo
Mine are plastic also. I have a set of regular corner glass going to try to cut it down to fit. I'll keep everyone posted on progress.

I would try steele rubber products co. … they have a huge selection … lots of pics and dimensions online

They have come thru for other things before … customer service is great as well

See there products here:

The coming months I will be more in Colombia.
PM me with what vidrio parts of the fiber hardtops you need. I will see what I can do

Screenshot_20221122-175729_Gallery.jpg

This is my Fj43 1982 MPR hardtop

Last edited:
Both seals, the back glass and the curved corners glass seals are different than those in my my 1981 MPR? Maybe yours have already been changed?
I would be interested in both.

thanks

devo

@Storm Ranch I tried fitting Toyota corner glass into my MPR without any luck. From both the early 40 tops and the later. The Toyota seals are different between the early and later tops also?

Keep us posted. There a bunch of us in the same boat!

devo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom