1hz factory turbo prices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Would love to have that decal. 😊
DF1CFA2E-E476-439F-B4A0-A61563C4C074.jpeg

This one is a 1HZ 😁 fuel feed into the top of the injectors and spill in the middle
Could be, I am by far not an expert. Do you think someone would bother to turbo it in a coaster?
Also the 1hz-t sticker looks to very autentic with all the dust and oil :D

To get back to the OPs original question, I'd say maybe $6,500-$8,000 for something in the condition you are describing. FWIW, that looks identical to the 1HZ I recently got from a low mileage de-mil'ed armored HZJ76 (which also had the Safari aftermarket turbo fitted). But keep in mind, the 76 came with a R151 transmission instead of the H55 or H151 so it has a smallish 4Runner gearbox (which may be perfectly fine for your application).

If you find out the part number, see if you can order it. :cool: I'm guessing the 'factory' 1hz-t uses the stock toyota 1hz setup adapted to merge with the stock toyota 1hdt setup somehow.
I found someone in Australia that has an aftermarket version but they have yet to answer my email.

There's a bunch of places here that make aftermarket turbo kits for the 1hz motor but I'd never heard of a 'factory' 1hz-t until today. Of course it makes logical sense that one would exist, but not very common in production. Certainly there have never to my knowledge been 'factory' 1hz-t 80's or 75's or coaster buses here. Probably wasn't offered in the Australian market.

A turbo kit here prices around the $4000 range. Most people I speak so there not much sense fitting a turbo kit to a 1hz vehicle with over 300 k km's due to the amount of existing engine wear, but I'm no expert.

The kits seem to be split between using Mitsubishi or Garrett turbos - not sure if any aftermarket turbo kit maker uses the Toyota CT26 turbo (and not being an expert I have no understanding why).

Another IANAE aspect - the injector pumps. I've got no understanding on what if anything needs to be done with a 1hz that has a normal injector pump when fitting an aftermarket turbo kit.

Last edited:
I found someone in Australia that has an aftermarket version but they have yet to answer my email.
I messaged them as well. If you're referring to @FJ73Texas 's link above. They have not replied nor answered the phone.

If they do answer, I'll grab yall a bunch of stickers to stock in your store. I use your cupholder every single day.

Regarding the "factory turbo," in the original post, it looks quite aftermarket. The silicone pipe + hardware store hose clamps gives this away.

I can't see the details on the turbo, but I would guess it's aftermarket as well.

It may be a great deal if you can get it. However, there is a lot that can go wrong with a turbo'd 1HZ engine. And you have no opportunity to inspect it before shipping it across the world.

There's a bunch of places here that make aftermarket turbo kits for the 1hz motor but I'd never heard of a 'factory' 1hz-t until today. Of course it makes logical sense that one would exist, but not very common in production. Certainly there have never to my knowledge been 'factory' 1hz-t 80's or 75's or coaster buses here. Probably wasn't offered in the Australian market.

A turbo kit here prices around the $4000 range. Most people I speak so there not much sense fitting a turbo kit to a 1hz vehicle with over 300 k km's due to the amount of existing engine wear, but I'm no expert.

The kits seem to be split between using Mitsubishi or Garrett turbos - not sure if any aftermarket turbo kit maker uses the Toyota CT26 turbo (and not being an expert I have no understanding why).

Another IANAE aspect - the injector pumps. I've got no understanding on what if anything needs to be done with a 1hz that has a normal injector pump when fitting an aftermarket turbo kit.

Hello,

A 'MUD member got the turbo and parts for a 1HZ-T and installed them in his 1HZ-powered 78 Series.

It would be worth checking his thread.

Juan

For comparison, here is a place here in Australia selling re-conditioned 1hz's with turbo kits added on.

Note the price of almost A$15k. It's for reconditioning your own existing 1hz and adding a turbo kit (a MTQ one).

I fitted a turbo on a old DI-Engine which was never meant to have a turbo (Mercedes OM314). There was only one rare modell with a turbo, but the intention was never more power, it was used to reduce the RPM needed to work in a agricultural machine.

The "tricky part" is to find the right turbo which fits best the engine characteristics. It then can be a regulated (boost controlled) or unregulated turbo (what I have). And when everything is fitted, and you do a test drive, there will be no difference ;) Even so, the turbo brings some boost.
Then the limiter for the amount of diesel can be adjusted in a way, that the Pump is allowed to deliver more diesel. Now with more diesel AND boost, there will be a increase in torque. On a non-turbo-engine, there is no boost compensator, which means, at low RPM and full throttle (and almost no boost), there is way too much diesel going into the engine.
It will start smoking and EGTs go up. That's not a real problem, but the torque will not really increase, but it will cost a lot of diesel. This can be compensated with the throttle, you will find that out easily. There is a certain "schedule" you can maintain with the throttle against RPM and boost, where it makes sense.

And don't forget the EGT-Meter.

Depending in the engine-characteristic, the timing of the injection pump can be adjusted as well, to shift the peak torque a little bit into the lower range.
The valve clearance should be also a little bit more then.

Actually it's less complicated then on a petrol-engine. The size of the turbo needs to fit, so it's not too small (can'T deliver the boost at high RPM, stalls then) or big (not enough boost, lazy spool up).
My Turbo is unregulated and delivers at peak RPM around 14PSI of boost. The amount of diesel is adjusted to the max-EGT, so it is possible to exceed it, but only if you push hard uphill OR full throttle at low RPM without boost and lots of diesel injected.

Maybe it's not a good reference, but I paid down here in Brazil around 700 USD for the kit, but it is not Plug'n'Play then, I had to build/weld a lot of things on my own.

For comparison, here is a place here in Australia selling re-conditioned 1hz's with turbo kits added on.

Note the price of almost A$15k. It's for reconditioning your own existing 1hz and adding a turbo kit (a MTQ one).

Welp, that adds a gorilla or two to the turbod 1HZ sitting in my garage!

It might just make an appearance on Marketplace!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom