Bottle jack rubbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have never seen that o-ring and rubber cap on a bottle jack. It must be original (?) as in ebay there were three jacks for sale with them.
s-l500.jpg

I refurbished a jack for my project and now I have to get those rubbers. Does anyone have that they could sell me? Shipping the whole jack to Finland does not sound like something that is worth doing.
IMG_20210806_184803.jpg

Last edited:
I purchased my FJ60 in 1988 and the jack didn’t have the cover.
I don’t think its a Toyota part. it doesn’t do anything useful anyway.

I purchased my FJ60 in 1988 and the jack didn’t have the cover.
I don’t think its a Toyota part. it doesn’t do anything useful anyway.
Ok. As said three jacks in ebay and all have similar rubbers and rope. It sounds like original but maby not in every jack.

The cap is not shown on parts diagrams for FJ60 or FJ62.

Maybe it's a change that came with moving the jack from under the front seat to the rear wheel well. Perhaps there were some failures due to dust getting into the rotating parts.

FYI, I recently bent my boat trailer frame. Using the Toyota bottle jack and a chain I pulled the frame straight, or sort of. This put extreme pressure on the jack. I'm sure much more than the jack was designed to hold. Using an extra large screwdriver I went through the hole that the hook goes in and was cranking it very hard. The failure point was the knob that this alleged cover goes on. The knob/hook hole is cast metal. The knob broke so that I no longer have a hole but a U shape there. Cast metal can be brittle and It could break if you dropped the bottle jack on the ground and in the unlikely event that it landed on the knob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom