Will a 285/75-16 BFG A/T fit in the factory spare location? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hoping someone can confirm this will fit, so I can just order a tire online from a warm armchair. If not, I have to go out in the snow and measure, or even swap a road tire into the spare location to check while I freeze my kiester. Thanks in advance!

Hoping someone can confirm this will fit, so I can just order a tire online from a warm armchair. If not, I have to go out in the snow and measure, or even swap a road tire into the spare location to check while I freeze my kiester. Thanks in advance!
I carry my GY Duratrac in 285/75-16 under my truck in the factory location, with hitch.

Firestone Destination AT same size has ridden there for years. Armchair enablement engaged

Yes, definitely.

I will say that even a 35x10.5x16 swamper will fit in the spare tire location as long as you're not running any sort of hitch. This is what I use for a skinny spare "donut." There are also reports of a partially worn 315/75r16 fitting as well. Max real-world measuring tape diameter is probably around 34.5 with no trailer hitch.

If you're running a hitch, then you're just going to have to measure because there are too many different hitch types on the market for blanket answer. But I would bet any 33" tire would be fine.

Perfect!! Thanks, Mud!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom