No tire pressure order and position on a 2014 LX 570? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Based on the manual, it seems there's no way to tell which tire's pressure is high or low then.
1667951169334.png

Based on the manual, it seems there's no way to tell which tire's pressure is high or low then.
View attachment 3162999
Nope. Gotta get the gauge out, or start lowering different tires to figure out which is which.

I believe this changed to be more specific with the 2016 facelift. Or may be 2018..

Yes the 2016+ shows tire pressure and location.

View attachment 3162999

This may be another reason to get a dedicated TPMS tool for others. I just installed my snow tires yesterday and used the Autel TS601 to read and install the new codes into the LC system. It wants you to read the signal coming from the installed unit in the tire transmitting the code and other data starting with the LF tire, RF, RR, LR then the spare. When installed into the LC the psi shows up in that order on the screen with the spare at the bottom of the list and indicated as the spare. I suppose you could ask your tire shop for the order they read the signal.

Paying for an app over and over again and then having to re enter a long code (again) without making a mistake for 5 codes then 4 more is like buying a 90k+ vehicle that does not know what tire is low...oh wait, that was the op's question.

It would still be nice to have a cute little picture of a car on the screen with the tire in question circled telling you which one needs a bit more air.

@4gotalot, exactly! I can't believe this 90K+ vehicle can't tell which pressure tire in what order. So, the Autel TS601 tool would allow me to program that into the LX, correct? Thanks!

Inquiring minds want to know... what happens when one does a tire rotation, a reprogram?

Inquiring minds want to know... what happens when one does a tire rotation, a reprogram?
Can't speak for the 2016+ trucks, but in my '15 it doesn't care where the tires are, the order of the codes in the Techstream registration sets the order that they display on the center of the gauge cluster. So rotation doesn't effect the TPMS program. I rotate every oil change, then do the quick re-calibrate with the button under the dash.

@4gotalot, exactly! I can't believe this 90K+ vehicle can't tell which pressure tire in what order. So, the Autel TS601 tool would allow me to program that into the LX, correct? Thanks!
It would, but techstream would do that and far more as well, for far less money. Diagnostics of the engine and all other modules in the vehicle, live data from those modules, etc.

The only thing techstream won’t do is read the codes from installed sensors. But you can easily make note of them somewhere for use when programming, whether it’s between different sets of wheels or to have a specific order in the TPMS display.

Note that the cheapo techstream versions on eBay will read and reset codes in the engine module, but usually won’t do live data or TPMS programming. For that you’ll want to get a VCX nano with accompanying software.

If all you had was an after marker TPMS tool like one of the Autel units then you would do your tire rotation at home then let the aftermarket unit read the signal from the tires in there new locations then send the new locations to the ECU. My snow tires and summer AT tires are mounted on matching rims and I rotate them when I change tires in the spring and fall and I don't need to leave it with the tire shop. So yes, a reprogram but in your own garage.

I would also highly recommend having the techstream for every thing else that you could think of. Techstream is next for me.

I assumed it was LF, RF, RR, LR. But would be nice to know! I have a weird thing with my TPMS read out, all four start at same pressure, after driving a while 3 of them go up 2-3 psi while one stays the same or goes up by 1. Anyone know why this is?

Yes, the tire pressures are a little behind the times, as are several other details.

I sorta cheat with the following but I wouldn't do it just for the sake of knowing positions. I often run staggered pressures front to rear depending on loads and trip. I can somewhat distinguish at least down to two tires. With spare at a completely different inflation pressure than the drive tires.

I assumed it was LF, RF, RR, LR. But would be nice to know! I have a weird thing with my TPMS read out, all four start at same pressure, after driving a while 3 of them go up 2-3 psi while one stays the same or goes up by 1. Anyone know why this is?
If you have a 2015 or earlier, then there is no specific order. The readings you see in your dash could be from any tire if you haven't worked out which is which yet. I'm also assuming you have 5 readouts and not 4 (maybe the LC is different, but the LX shows all 5 tires). But the one that doesn't change is most likely your spare, since the pressure will increase in the tires on the ground as they heat up.

Thank you for all the responses, much appreciated. I may look into the separate tool to program them in the future but for now I'll live with the disordered.

I just write the TMPS order on the valve stem with sharpie. Then you don't care where the tire is.

I just write the TMPS order on the valve stem with sharpie. Then you don't care where the tire is.
If I write down the TMPS order on the value stem, how can I tell which pressure corresponds to which stem? I'm assuming the pressure display on the dashboard never change order?

If I write down the TMPS order on the value stem, how can I tell which pressure corresponds to which stem? I'm assuming the pressure display on the dashboard never change order?
They don't change order, but you can go to each tire and increase or decrease pressure to figure out which it is in the list.

Last edited:
The list doesn't change. If it's second on the list, it will always be #2. This assumes you took the time to figure out where #2 was first and mark it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom