Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think we took a wrong turn and ended up in Washington…almost nonstop rain.

Picture credit to Chris.

2BD51C9D-5EEB-4AAC-BBDD-586E1360004B.jpeg

Dang, wasn't paying attention and missed HIH by a week, was hoping to make it this year. If any of you are still around keep an eye out for this menace of a 100 series as I live here in the San Juans, and I'll be at Solid Axle Summit starting tomorrow.

20220731_113012.jpg

I don't know what Creed puts in their gas, but I got 18.5mpg down to Walsenburg. ;):rofl:

It was great meeting everyone. I think this will certainly be an annual event for Ronda and I.

Dang, wasn't paying attention and missed HIH by a week, was hoping to make it this year. If any of you are still around keep an eye out for this menace of a 100 series as I live here in the San Juans, and I'll be at Solid Axle Summit starting tomorrow.

View attachment 3074118
Cool Frankenhundy!

I don't know what Creed puts in their gas, but I got 18.5mpg down to Walsenburg. ;):rofl:

Ha. They put gravity in there. These things get great gas mileage when you drive downhill with a tailwind.

I would like to know if anyone made it up The Wall this year. No one in my group did.

I would like to know if anyone made it up The Wall this year. No one in my group did.
Too wet I'm assuming? I never made it up P'kip or Imogine this year. ****ing Kias, rain, and rock slides. I will try again in October. It was still a hell of a trip.

Too wet I'm assuming? I never made it up P'kip or Imogine this year. f***ing Kias, rain, and rock slides. I will try again in October. It was still a hell of a trip.
Luckily I was able to run both but the wall was a mud fest.

We were going to take a shot Saturday but a samurai rolled at the ascent before the wall, by the time we got him right side up and facing the right direction, it was pouring rain and we were ready to head out.
We saw some jeeps and a 4Runner make it though.

D0E6A3F3-7BDE-41BE-97A6-697B225FA09B.jpeg

We were going to take a shot Saturday but a samurai rolled at the ascent before the wall, by the time we got him right side up and facing the right direction, it was pouring rain and we were ready to head out.
We saw some jeeps and a 4Runner make it though.

View attachment 3078841
Wow! It was soo rainy. Still great, but s*** it was wet.

Can anyone tell me the largest 100s in the hills group meeting from the past? Also, it looks like there have been 13 events considering official and unofficial. Correct me if I am wrong.

Can anyone tell me the largest 100s in the hills group meeting from the past? Also, it looks like there have been 13 events considering official and unofficial. Correct me if I am wrong.
Pretty sure @paflytyer and @bluecruiser kept registration to 100 trucks? Might have been more for registration, but there has been “extra” people who are there…mainly to help lead trails and stuff like that.
There have been 9 OFFICIAL HIH’s with the 10th one having been “postponed/cancelled” since COVID shut everything down.

I‘ve heard a rumor about HIHX though!…🤔

Pretty sure @paflytyer and @bluecruiser kept registration to 100 trucks? Might have been more for registration, but there has been “extra” people who are there…mainly to help lead trails and stuff like that.
There have been 9 OFFICIAL HIH’s with the 10th one having been “postponed/cancelled” since COVID shut everything down.

I‘ve heard a rumor about HIHX though!…🤔
Thanks, Aaron - 100 sounds right. 10 was canceled in 2020. I've attended two unofficial in 2021 and 2022. There may have been a very small unofficial group in 2020.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom