FJ60 Choke Cable routing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning mudders. I’m looking for a picture of the choke cable routing from firewall to carburetor, preferably with the air cleaner removed, but anything that shows how the choke cable gets to the choke helps. I have a new cable to install but the old one is just flopping around in the engine bay and I’m sure there are some attachments. Thanks for the help and happy wrenching this weekend.

Good morning mudders. I’m looking for a picture of the choke cable routing from firewall to carburetor, preferably with the air cleaner removed, but anything that shows how the choke cable gets to the choke helps. I have a new cable to install but the old one is just flopping around in the engine bay and I’m sure there are some attachments. Thanks for the help and happy wrenching this weekend.
Here is the routing of mine. Not likely the stock way of doing it since mine was also flopping around, but it works for me.

IMG_3603.JPG

IMG_3604.JPG

IMG_3605.JPG

IMG_3606.JPG

IMG_3607.JPG

The FJ60 choke cable doesn’t have designated anchor points to guide it all tidy like to the carburetor. Once it enters the engine compartment, you’re pretty much on your own as to how to run it to the carburetor.
Your guiding light is:
Route it as smoothly as possible to the carburetor so there’s no sharp bends. The air cleaner housing has a few thin metal tabs on it that can hold the cable as it wraps around to the other side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom