Modest/Unassuming Bumpers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've kept my 80 fairly close to stock (lift, tires, and lockers) and used it as a daily driver but I want to add some better protection. I'm looking for some new bumpers that are relatively modest and not super aggressive, I honestly love the stock bumpers so something that resembles those would be great but I don't think that exists. Is there anyone who makes custom bumpers to your styling?

The Sleep short bus is probably the most understated bumper I am aware of.

What are you looking for protection from? Rocks? Deer? Rogue nissan sentras?

TJM T-17

*Not a recommendation from experience with it

Last edited:
The coastal offroad bumper is the lowest profile and simplest looking that I have found.
1668126808483.png

1668126817509.png

1668126836897.png

Went and wheeled with these guys a couple years ago: 4Runner - https://c4fabrication.com/collections/4runner

and they had a prototype 80 bumper that I dug a lot. Don’t see it on their website, but maybe message them and ask about it. I could also put you in touch w/ the guy who had the bumper as well.

Pic added:
1668137556186.png

Last edited:
I've kept my 80 fairly close to stock (lift, tires, and lockers) and used it as a daily driver but I want to add some better protection. I'm looking for some new bumpers that are relatively modest and not super aggressive, I honestly love the stock bumpers so something that resembles those would be great but I don't think that exists. Is there anyone who makes custom bumpers to your styling?
I would go with a arb bumper front and rear.

@undecided , I gotta say, an 80 with out an ARB front bumper is like driving with out your seat belt. I don't know what part of NC you live in, but where I live in OR, deer are almost like flies. They're all over town, in my back yard and the 2 lane highways (no multi-lanes around here) are thick with 'em - especially at night, year around. The 2 or 3 body shops in town are almost as thick with rigs with deer damage. Mine has paid for itself at least 10 times over and not just deer. There's plenty of choices, as far as bumpers go, but for me, the classic 80 has an ARB front bumper on it.

@undecided , I gotta say, an 80 with out an ARB front bumper is like driving with out your seat belt. I don't know what part of NC you live in, but where I live in OR, deer are almost like flies. They're all over town, in my back yard and the 2 lane highways (no multi-lanes around here) are thick with 'em - especially at night, year around. The 2 or 3 body shops in town are almost as thick with rigs with deer damage. Mine has paid for itself at least 10 times over and not just deer. There's plenty of choices, as far as bumpers go, but for me, the classic 80 has an ARB front bumper on it.

Never been a fan of the ARB bumpers

If you're up for some custom work, there's a bunch of people on mud who have chopped the stock bumper and reinforced it for protection! Some of them look really good and it's what I plan on doing next.

Here's mine, fairly simple to build

20221024_180512.jpg

I would rather stay stock in the rear than run a ARB rear. It looks like a full diaper.
I agree. They are well made, but huge, bulky and hang off the back like a porch.
Not to mention the price tag!

Their front bars at kind of quasi OEM over here. They are functional, but not awesome, and they are boring, ugly, and everywhere.

i wish i could run a bumper like that but thanks to there being over twice as many deer as people in my area i had to go with something big. ended up with an ARB in a trade and have been running that.

Its honestly a terrible bumper for offroad but it has already saved me thousands from animal strikes.

I would rather stay stock in the rear than run a ARB rear. It looks like a full diaper.
The thing I like about it is how easy it is to open the swing outs and then slam them closed. More practical for day to day use. As far as looks, I would be willing to sacrifice looks a little for ease of access, but that's subjective I guess. My 80 was pretty ugly to begin with. I didn't mind it that much. It really threw off the road raged 5th gen 4runners when it would pull away from them lol.
13838-1024x768 (1).jpeg

It really threw off the road raged 5th gen 4runners when it would pull away from them lol.

I guess that happened when it was being pulled on a trailer? ;)

Regards

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom