leaking clutch linkage?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I dont have a landcruiser here with me. Someone gives me the specs like thread sizes and length i can get one made up. My vendor refuses to do brake lines because of liability reasons. The clutch hoses will be less as the banjo fittings are more expensive. I dont believe a banjo bolt fitting would be applicable. However if we could use at least one it would be easier to install and remove than screw in threads at both ends.

I dont have a landcruiser here with me. Someone gives me the specs like thread sizes and length i can get one made up. My vendor refuses to do brake lines because of liability reasons. The clutch hoses will be less as the banjo fittings are more expensive. I dont believe a banjo bolt fitting would be applicable. However if we could use at least one it would be easier to install and remove than screw in threads at both ends.
The threads on the banjo fitting part of the hose has to be straight threads. A pipe thread wont work it has to be a straight thread.

My vendor has told me they can make the clutch hoses but only those with the 10mm thread. Also does the female end have to have a groove to hold it in the bracket? I cant remember. If it does the hoses i can get would not have that groove. Is any one still interested. I believe the hose would work on 1970 and newer. The ones prior to 1970 use a nonstandard m11 thread.

If the clutch is broke, whats the point of trying to use it twice?
Double clutching is a term used on shifting without using the clutch. When the clutch will not work its a way of getting your rig home or to the shop without a tow bill. But it always has to be rolling to drive. So stopping for a red light you have to stop the engine. Then restart in gear. I have found using the next higher gear makes it easier to start in gear. It how the old cars and trucks shifted before syncro gears were invented. If you are a serious 4 wheeler its a skill one needs to practice. Sooner or later the clutch will fail and you still need to get home!

Sorry for steeling the thread about the hoses. Ill start a separate thread. Those interested in a SS braided hose follow me over to the new thread.
Shipmag

Double clutching is a term used on shifting without using the clutch. When the clutch will not work its a way of getting your rig home or to the shop without a tow bill. But it always has to be rolling to drive. So stopping for a red light you have to stop the engine. Then restart in gear. I have found using the next higher gear makes it easier to start in gear. It how the old cars and trucks shifted before syncro gears were invented. If you are a serious 4 wheeler its a skill one needs to practice. Sooner or later the clutch will fail and you still need to get home!

Sorry for steeling the thread about the hoses. Ill start a separate thread. Those interested in a SS braided hose follow me over to the new thread.
Shipmag

actually no....double clutching is just that....two clutches per shift.

you're thinking of bang or float shifting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom