I'm getting rid of my ARB on my 2006 100series and want to go back to stock (GASP!) Was wondering if a 2000 year bumper is a direct fit to the 2006? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering if there is much extra work that would go into fitting the 1998-02 year style bumper/foam/impact bar to the 2006 year body.

Maybe the turn signal harness and fog light harness may not fit but the bumper will fit. Styrofoam and steel reinforcement is pretty much standard and will fit any 100 series or LX470. I even used 100 series metal reinforcement for my LX470 and it fits perfect.
But before you jump on buying OEM bumper and reinforcement make sure that no body altered the front bumper bracket. Because I know that some people cut the factory front bracket to install ARB bumper.

I went back to stock from a dual swing out 4x4labs bumper. I had kept the old parts by and large and then welded in a replacement cross member for the rear member that was removed. I used POR15 to coat the metal work and then reinstalled the factory bumper elements without issue.

Not sure if this post is for rear or front bars. But the front bars have no physical modification to any of the factory parts (including wiring harnesses for fog lights). It is plug and play (bolt and play).

I went back to stock from a dual swing out 4x4labs bumper. I had kept the old parts by and large and then welded in a replacement cross member for the rear member that was removed. I used POR15 to coat the metal work and then reinstalled the factory bumper elements without issue.

Not sure if this post is for rear or front bars. But the front bars have no physical modification to any of the factory parts (including wiring harnesses for fog lights). It is plug and play (bolt and play).
I am thinking about changing my 06 LX stock front bumper for an aftermarket ARB or similar and lights - looking to see if anyone has a use front bumper they want to sell.

Maybe the turn signal harness and fog light harness may not fit but the bumper will fit. Styrofoam and steel reinforcement is pretty much standard and will fit any 100 series or LX470. I even used 100 series metal reinforcement for my LX470 and it fits perfect.
But before you jump on buying OEM bumper and reinforcement make sure that no body altered the front bumper bracket. Because I know that some people cut the factory front bracket to install ARB bumper.
Fevermag/alpineaccess: curious why you removed the bumpers. Reason: Just bought/almost finished installing a double swinout. wonder if I should keep my removed stock hardware.

Fevermag/alpineaccess: curious why you removed the bumpers. Reason: Just bought/almost finished installing a double swinout. wonder if I should keep my removed stock hardware.
Most of the reason I removed mine because I am in and out of my tailgate a lot and was tired of the swing outs. I also wanted less weight out back.

I ended up keeping mine for now. Was never able to find someone reliable to swap with and it's growing on me the longer I keep it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom