Under hood tool box/? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love the overkill of this thing :cool:

As @Heckraiser said, overkill :grinpimp:.

To make it even more overkill I have to pot in countersink washers with epoxy, honeycomb does not like compression. After potting I re-drill the holes and it’s a solid mounting area.

70DD6923-8E68-430B-AA43-3F573D3F3F2E.jpeg

E049DEED-A312-486F-AAB9-702422A1C74A.jpeg

EEA9DB38-46BE-4C2F-9E3D-5E50430DE453.jpeg

image.jpg

If you don't want/need a dual battery system then using the space for the aux battery as a toolbox makes a little bit of sense, but why? You have to get into the engine bay to access the tools which is inconvenient if you don't need to work on anything in the engine bay, but a nice idea.

If you don't want/need a dual battery system then using the space for the aux battery as a toolbox makes a little bit of sense, but why? You have to get into the engine bay to access the tools which is inconvenient if you don't need to work on anything in the engine bay, but a nice idea.

I think to be fair there are some merits to this kind of setup. Once you put in some fluid bottles there is only going to be enough room for a few odds and ends toolwise anyway, but consider cloth to wipe your hands, emergency cutters for your battery cables in the event of a fire, so I like idea for the typical user.

Regards

Dave

The idea is it can be used for whatever. Is it going to be for a battery? Maybe as I have not decided the direction this build is going to go. But for now it’s for fluids and tools

Perfect place for some fluids IMO.
Doesn't matter if something leaks. Doesn't matter if they get wet

Good spot for some engine oil, gear oil, diff oil, ATF for power steering. And maybe some spare belts.

I bought a spare battery tray for this. Was cheap enough, and is a bolt in fit

I do like your fabricated box though

For an understanding of what can fit….

FE020E8E-264B-4424-AE46-7A4A19518F64.jpeg

So that’s 9 litres of oil and a can of brake clean

I will take 1 please

Meh, not happy with the results

856BF55B-DA94-4F43-BC8B-696CD9C7BAAF.jpeg

It's going to get pretty hot. I would not be surprised if you see close to 300 degree temps in that box.
Already tested temps on a drive, 140f, without the lid and ambient temps of 15c

It's going to get pretty hot. I would not be surprised if you see close to 300 degree temps in that box.
From the looks of you avatar you live in the desert.

So maybe in that environment but I doubt 300.

Thanks, I have sheet metal fabrication gear in my shop. I do aircraft sheet metal repairs as part of my trade.

Wires are not touching, just looks that way.

I was going to say... you HAVE to be an aircraft sheet metal guy seeing that stuff and using Cleco's

I was an engineer in the ATA Ch53 retrofit and repair for commercial aircraft... the stuff the structural mechanics can fab never ceased to amaze me. Always wish I had sheet metal skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom