HZJ48 4 door 40 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

crushers

post ho
Threads
Why HZJ48?
The 4 door 70 series frame I started with was 78 so it made sense at the time.

Yes, it has been a few years since I posted.
This is an unique FULL custom build. Thousands of custom parts needed to be created.

The finished vehicle had to be
Retro,
Disc all around
Diesel
No computers
Fit in a 7 ft tall door opening.
100% on road. Highway capability
Comfortable and quiet
6 ft rear flat floor
7 people
Rear seats had to flip flat and separately
Max use of available space
AC
Manual transmission
Soft Ride but able to carry a decent load in the back.
AND
couldn't rust. FULL custom 4 door 40 series fiberglass body.
Anyone interested in a build thread?
so something like this:
20200802_105009.jpg

In for this one

You can do better than this , bigger tires look better on long truck like this
I agree, but the customers height restriction made it possible for only 33" boots.

you are more than capable of doing it and coming out really well... gozzard 4 door tub right?... do they make a full top or are you modding one from a gozzard one?
FULL gozzard body, no steel anywhere. it took almost 2 years waiting for the body to be completed for me to pick up and start modifying. 1 of 2 that he has built so far. the other is in ontario waiting to be installed on a cummins chassis. not by me.
thanks for checking in.

My fj40 is on 35" and bj42 on 33" with roof bars , they both fit in a 80 or 82" heights openning , i will check it after work
the owner had to fit into underground parking so clearance was a concern. i would have to go back through the emails to confirm actual clearance restriction but it was 7 ft (or less).

you are more than capable of doing it and coming out really well... gozzard 4 door tub right?... do they make a full top or are you modding one from a gozzard one?
just to be clear, this is the one i built. it was delivered a couple years back. this will just be a build thread.

I'm interested in how you did it and how it turned out. If somethng like this could be fitted with airbags and antilock I'd consider taking out a loan.

This is the body as it was provided by Mike at Gozzard.
FULL fiberglass unit, custom roof top, custom rear section, custom rear doors. Stretched the 40 series tub 32"

received_1148765225590942.jpeg

received_1291288771242025.jpeg

received_2778954685753016 (1).jpeg

received_925869724846811.jpeg

received_848908539004637.jpeg

I'm interested in how you did it and how it turned out. If somethng like this could be fitted with airbags and antilock I'd consider taking out a loan.
air bags, doubtful. you would need someone with more talent than I have.
anti lock is probably doable if you used a newer frame and axles. but not something i would be attempting.
sorry.

I've never owned a vehicle with antilock brakes or traction control or any of that nonsense. Only ever had two with airbags. I'm comng around to the idea that I need a four-door wagon for the next 30 years but, at my age, I've started to think about the safety features as well. I'm not convinced yet. Computer-contolled anything is a bitter pill to swallow, especially as I'm not inclined to take my meds :)

I'll be watching.

I've never owned a vehicle with antilock brakes or traction control or any of that nonsense. Only ever had two with airbags. I'm comng around to the idea that I need a four-door wagon for the next 30 years but, at my age, I've started to think about the safety features as well. I'm not convinced yet. Computer-contolled anything is a bitter pill to swallow, especially as I'm not inclined to take my meds :)

I'll be watching.
i feel one of the reasons customers search me out is because of the "1 wire run" goal. no computers, decent fuel mileage, toyota reliability. most of my daily drivers are computer controlled, Yaris, 400H, ford powersmoke. i do have to admit the computers have not let me down but there is something about jumping into Red and rolling down the back roads.

IMG_20210521_184621_076.jpg

Hello,

It is good to see you again.

It is also good to see that Red is still with you.

Nice truck.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom