80 Series Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1995 FZJ80 RHD

What’s up y’all, here with some heavy questions. First, looking for OEM fender flare replacements. Anyone have any good sites to check out in the US?
Second, for the problems. Cold started last week after getting off of work and had some rough idling. Drive home fine, but the next morning it was worse and while at a stop for a light my engine just shut off without warning. Wanted to see if anyone has ever had this issue? MAF was pulled and cleaned but didn’t help at all. Want to see if there’s a good starting point before I go in multiple different directions since I’m new to 80 series cruisers. Thanks y’all!

1995 FZJ80 RHD

What’s up y’all, here with some heavy questions. First, looking for OEM fender flare replacements. Anyone have any good sites to check out in the US?
Second, for the problems. Cold started last week after getting off of work and had some rough idling. Drive home fine, but the next morning it was worse and while at a stop for a light my engine just shut off without warning. Wanted to see if anyone has ever had this issue? MAF was pulled and cleaned but didn’t help at all. Want to see if there’s a good starting point before I go in multiple different directions since I’m new to 80 series cruisers. Thanks y’all!
1) Do you have a CEL with the key in the RUN position?
2) OBD2 truck? or OBD1 (Should be OBD2) but obviously not from around here.
3) Check all vacuum hoses
4) Check intake tube
5) Check fusible links
6) Check spark plug wires
7) Check battery connections.

1995 FZJ80 RHD

Good info from BILT4ME, as always.
Regarding the OEM flares, they’re no longer sold new. Check out the classified section for flares for sale, and post a wanted ad if you find nothing. eBay is also worth checking.

I know you said US for the site, but did you check Partsouq for the flares? It is showing 5 out of the 6 in stock for my 1997. I got all new OEM flares from them earlier this year.

1) Do you have a CEL with the key in the RUN position?
2) OBD2 truck? or OBD1 (Should be OBD2) but obviously not from around here.
3) Check all vacuum hoses
4) Check intake tube
5) Check fusible links
6) Check spark plug wires
7) Check battery connections.
No CEL with the key in run, no lights at all for that matter besides normal lights for headlights and seat belts. All hoses and tubes are tight and not cracked. Intake tube is good as I pulled the MAF out and verified the seal is still good. The truck is OBD2, haven’t ran a diagnostic on it yet

So to be clear, beginning with the engine off, if you turn the ignition key to the ON position (not Start, and engine not running) and watch the instrument cluster does the check engine light come on for a few seconds??

Which lights exactly turn on and which don't?

Anything else (electrical) that doesn't work?

Battery fully charged?

Does the engine crank when turning the key to Start?

Any recent work done on the vehicle, engine bay cleaning or ??

Fill-up of gasoline just before symptoms started?

Does the fuel gauge work and do you have fuel?

Did you check the fuses in the fuse box by your left knee (LHD) and in the engine bay fuse box?

Last edited:
So to be clear, beginning with the engine off, if you turn the ignition key to the ON position (not Start, and engine not running) and watch the instrument cluster does the check engine light come on for a few seconds??

Which lights exactly turn on and which don't?

Anything else (electrical) that doesn't work?

Battery fully charged?

Does the engine crank when turning the key to Start?

Any recent work done on the vehicle, engine bay cleaning or ??

Fill-up of gasoline just before symptoms started?

Does the fuel gauge work and do you have fuel?

Did you check the fuses in the fuse box by your left knee (LHD) and in the engine bay fuse box?
CEL, oil light, seatbelt, door open all pop with key in RUN and stay in until I start the truck. When I go to START the engine cranks and starts as normal but then the idle is rough and smells like it’s burning rich. No I ordinary wiping or cleaning in the engine bay and no electrical issues whatsoever. Got a half tank of fuel, and all fuses are good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom