3B Oil Relief Valve Assembly? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gimme a 60

Shake Hands with Danger
SILVER Star
Threads
Hey Mudders!

Yesterday, I was replacing the oil cooler O rings on my 1984 3B engine, I removed the Oil relief valve assembly case to inspect and remove the old gaskets on the cover. However, in my own stupidity, when cleaning up the old gasket material with my central vacuum system, I accidentally sucked up the valve. After searching the bag I used an earth magnet on a plumbing snake to locate and retrieve it in the central vac plumbing.

Upon the rediscovery of my relief valve, I couldn't happen but wonder if I collected all the pieces Is there supposed to be more to this valve than what my picture shows? perhaps a steel ball? The FSM doesn't seem to show anything else included but I have to be sure before I re-assemble my 3B.

Blue circle: I already have these.

Red circle: I have the main piece, not sure if anything else that is not specified By the FSM is missing.

Black: what does that piece do? I don't remember taking it out.

any knowledge is welcome.

ih8mud.PNG

IMG_7806[1].JPG

IMG_7809[1].JPG

The late 2H/12HT setup is much the same.. you have all the parts. I think the "black" is just showing the oil filter housing bolt through to the Oil Cooler Cover. I use a crush washer on the relief valve cover.

The late 2H/12HT setup is much the same.. you have all the parts. I think the "black" is just showing the oil filter housing bolt through to the Oil Cooler Cover. I use a crush washer on the relief valve cover.
Thanks for the advice. To my understating so far what you said is right. I’m going to be putting it all together soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom