Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I swapped out the OEM hitch on the 8.1 Suburban for this beefy Curt unit. It's hard to believe the OEM hitch was rated for 12,000 pound.

PXL_20220925_190328771.jpg

PXL_20220925_190333523.jpg

PXL_20220924_203737144.jpg

since the tires where badly dry rotted on the 80, i picked up a set of 5 matte bronze F5's with some 33 AT3's. Couldnt be happier with the combo. Also drove down to see @ToyotaMatt and picked up his 3FE alternator tensioner kit and a new washer revivor. Getting that stuff installed tonight :beer:

dirt 1.jpg

dirt.jpg

I replaced the DS window runs and DS front regulator/motor (Aisin) and DS rear motor (OEM) on the 80. The fronts were just slow, especially in winter and the rear motor was completely dead. Unfortunately Aisin doesn't sell aftermarket for the rears so the 1 OEM motor cost more than both front Aisin regulator/motor assemblies. No pics since I was racing the sun to get it all done. I also drained and filled the rear diff on the 8.1 burb with some 75w-140 Valvoline synthetic. Those bags of gear oil are pretty handy.

Been busy getting the truck ready for FC '22. BudBuilt rock sliders, BudBuild skids, Warn 10k winch, ARB recovery points, lifted and aligned, new transfer case switch for 4lo, new clock spring in the steering wheel. I have 2 more skids (transfer case and gas tank skids) on express delivery from Bud arriving tomorrow that I'll install on Thursday and I'll head up to FC Friday morning. Looking forward to wheeling with you guys.

IMG_8535.jpeg

IMG_8462.jpeg

IMG_8460.jpeg

IMG_8397.jpeg

IMG_8403 (1).jpeg

Can't wait to see how it does!

Been busy getting the truck ready for FC '22. BudBuilt rock sliders, BudBuild skids, Warn 10k winch, ARB recovery points, lifted and aligned, new transfer case switch for 4lo, new clock spring in the steering wheel. I have 2 more skids (transfer case and gas tank skids) on express delivery from Bud arriving tomorrow that I'll install on Thursday and I'll head up to FC Friday morning. Looking forward to wheeling with you guys.

View attachment 3143839

View attachment 3143847

View attachment 3143848
View attachment 3143849

View attachment 3143840
the 100 200 is looking respectable! ;)

Last edited:
@Diff Kraken don't forget to wash that beast so it is all purdy when you come into camp. Then we can take an after photo on sunday!

Rav4 hybrid

@Diff Kraken all jokes aside your putting in serious work to that thing, your gonna have a blast. See you up there

@Diff Kraken all jokes aside your putting in serious work to that thing, your gonna have a blast. See you up there
Thanks @TRDdrew. I'm glad I did the work myself, it's been a great way to learn about the truck. And having seen more of the the Cove trails last June, I had a good idea of what type of build I wanted on this truck- for this event and other upcoming trips. I'm pretty stoked with how it's turned out- especially after I get the remaining skids in on Thursday. See you all up there.

I got around to my winch install...wanted to keep my ARB non-winch bumper as I like it and hated to spend the $$ to replace it with something very similar. I found a mount plate from General Green Manufacturing her on another thread...took some measurements and decided to give it a shot! Had to do minimal surgery on the front of the ARB to remove the "window" at the bottom and everything else was bolt-on ready. I went with the newest Smittybilt X2O Gen3 12k with wireless remote for availability, price, and most importantly size so it would fit. I really wanted a ComeUp, but it would have been a tight squeeze for sure plus another $600-$700 on cost. I plan to mount the control box right on top of the ARB, so waiting for some extended power cables that should be here today. All-in, I'm looking at about $1100 for the plate, winch, and basic accessories, so pretty cost effective overall.

Nice big hole under there that needed to be filled....

Still have pretty easy access to flip the clutch...would have been nice to clock forward, but I would have needed to grind a bit on the fairlead mount, so I left as-is since it really isn't an issue...

Really happy so far...now I need to clean up the plate, get it painted, and hopefully get my cables in today or tomorrow and finish this up...just wish that I could be testing it out with you all at Fall Crawl!!!

I did get out with my son and his Taco up to Rausch Creek this past Sunday and had a blast!

Shuffling the garage around to make best use of this double-wide lift that was installed this week.
Still needs some adjustments on the linkages, but it's safe to use for now. The controls are a bit finicky until it gets sorted out.
Production was moved back to USA during pandemic. Now made in Ohio.

20221029_121528.jpg

Shuffling the garage around to make best use of this double-wide lift that was installed this week.
Still needs some adjustments on the linkages, but it's safe to use for now. The controls are a bit finicky until it gets sorted out.
Production was moved back to USA during pandemic. Now made in Ohio.

View attachment 3154129
Yeah, I have the exact same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom