Duel Exhaust on a 100 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone put duel exhaust on their LC 100?

My fabricator is also a muffler shop and since my custom setup with the winch now in the spare tire well required moving the resonator and tail pipe he recommended a muffler that would fit up tighter in the body (current hangs way down) for clearance.

He is literally an artist on this stuff and through the whole project has done a number of super cool extras that at times took him days. He wanted the second battery neatly tucked in back in the spare well and that turned out great. Now he has told me he plans to build out a duel exhaust setup. My additional cost is only $40 and he is quite excited. Anyone tried this?

I’ve heard there are advantages like better HP, but would be curious as to thoughts and what others have done.

I don't have any advice to offer other than I'm not sure how you'd route it but be sure to post some pics if you try.

This isnt a 16 year olds F150.......

Edit: sincerly, DT CAt back User

Last edited:
Maybe he wants his V8 to sound like a V8? Who doesn't miss the sound of high schoolers driving around with Flowmasters on their chevy 350s....Ngl, I was jealous.

Last edited:
Anyone put duel exhaust on their LC 100?

My fabricator is also a muffler shop and since my custom setup with the winch now in the spare tire well required moving the resonator and tail pipe he recommended a muffler that would fit up tighter in the body (current hangs way down) for clearance.

He is literally an artist on this stuff and through the whole project has done a number of super cool extras that at times took him days. He wanted the second battery neatly tucked in back in the spare well and that turned out great. Now he has told me he plans to build out a duel exhaust setup. My additional cost is only $40 and he is quite excited. Anyone tried this?

I’ve heard there are advantages like better HP, but would be curious as to thoughts and what others have done.
I'm sure it's possible, but the fuel tank runs along the side of the frame rail on the driver's side so room will be limited. I don't think there is much performance gain to be had out of the 4.7

I think if it is dual exhaust starting from the muffler, then it’ll be just for aesthetics.

Reactions: GTV
Maybe he wants his V8 to sound like a V8? Who doesn't miss the sound of high schoolers driving around with Masterflows on their chevy 350s....Ngl, I was jealous.
Definitely can be achieved with catback and/or headers

Definitely can be achieved with catback and/or headers
Yup. I have the complete DT setup and it sounds good. A little louder than I'd prefer, but not obnoxious, and I like quiet.

I put a BAMuffler on my last 05' Tundra. Had it routed out just behind the passenger rear door. It was a custom fabshop that is/was active on TundraSolutions. It lived up to the name "Bad Ass Muffler". It sounds like a high-end smooth revving V8, not loud or obnoxious, just throaty. I would absolutely put one on my LX should I need a muffler replacement.

Oh, if you look into him, get the quietest one he makes.... or not. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom