FJ60 fog lights to switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good afternoon guys,

In need of some help connecting recently installed fog lamps. I purchased and after market harness that came with a switch, but was wondering if It’s compatible with one of the unused OEM switches I have. I attempted to connect it to the rear defrost switch, but must’ve had some of the wiring wrong.

872F0037-6AEA-4DC2-B589-648D24E44ECA.jpeg

EB312EE6-6901-49E2-A035-C91DEAF8C1F5.jpeg

7DBD8DFF-CF06-41DC-ABCA-38FDE8729506.jpeg

That switch should work, but without knowing where these new wires lead, it's hard to say where the problem might be. However, here are a couple of things to consider:

- The white/black should be your ground wire. I see you're using a red wire on that pin. Red often means "hot." Anyway that pin should be run to ground.
- There are two defog circuits, which is why there are two connectors on each side of the switch. You don't need the double wiring on each side of the switch.

The harness you are using may be designed for a hot-switched system, whereas Land Cruisers are ground-switched. That may mean that you need to wire things a little differently than it's worded in whatever instructions came with the harness.

That switch should work, but without knowing where these new wires lead, it's hard to say where the problem might be. However, here are a couple of things to consider:

- The white/black should be your ground wire. I see you're using a red wire on that pin. Red often means "hot." Anyway that pin should be run to ground.
- There are two defog circuits, which is why there are two connectors on each side of the switch. You don't need the double wiring on each side of the switch.

The harness you are using may be designed for a hot-switched system, whereas Land Cruisers are ground-switched. That may mean that you need to wire things a little differently than it's worded in whatever instructions came with the harness.
Sorry should’ve noted that the bottom photo is switch the harness came with. It is wired differently

Does the harness include a relay? It should be a fairly simple circuit:

- Fused hot wire from battery to pin 30 on relay (I usually just use an in-line fuse)
- Switched 12v (or unswitched, if you want to use lights with key off) to dash switch
- Other side of dash switch to pin 85 on relay
- Feed to lamps from pin 87 on relay
- Pin 86 to ground (edit: not sure this is necessary, but lamps do need to be grounded)

To be 100% compliant with most states if not all in the USA the fog lights need to turn off with the high beams. Basically your relay power should pull a signal off the low beam light circuit so when you switch to high beam the relay shuts off.

Are these still available?

my in-house 100% Toyota genuine Parts re-production one is / are , i personally hand craft each one myself ........... :cool:

DSCN6108.JPG
DSCN6110.JPG
DSCN6116.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom