CRUISER MECHANICS - Listed by State (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can you please remove Tommys automotive from the list? We are no longer doing this type of work. Thanks in advance.
Removed. Out of curiosity was the list generating much traffic? I get no feedback on whether people are using it or not.

Removed. Out of curiosity was the list generating much traffic? I get no feedback on whether people are using it or not.
Not sure about that list in particular, but get on average 1 call/email a month from mud. Last one was about a 60 series which prompted me to look here. I'm sure some people are using it. Again, I thank you.

Not sure about that list in particular, but get on average 1 call/email a month from mud. Last one was about a 60 series which prompted me to look here. I'm sure some people are using it. Again, I thank you.
Be advised. I only removed it from the Gsheet. If you want posts about your shop removed your going to have to ask an administrator.

Can you please remove Tommys automotive from the list? We are no longer doing this type of work. Thanks in advance.
Are you all no longer working on LC's at all? I don't think there is a shop more knowledgeable in the area than you all. Thanks again for all you did for my 62.

Last edited:
Are you all no longer working on LC's at all? I don't think there is a shop more knowledgeable in the area than you all. Thanks again for all you did for my 62.
Audi/VW is what I specialize in. PIcked up the LC work from when I was wheeling. Trying to stick to basic maintenance on vehicles from the last 20 years or so. We certainly won't send existing customers packing, just not trying to take on any new work. Thanks again for the kind words and the business.

Does anyone know of a Cruiser Mechanic in the Denver/Loveland/Fort Collins Colorado area that works on carbureted cruisers? Every shop I called on the list is either closed or does not work on carbureted vehicles.

Does anyone know of a Cruiser Mechanic in the Denver/Loveland/Fort Collins Colorado area that works on carbureted cruisers? Every shop I called on the list is either closed or does not work on carbureted vehicles.
Did you call Joe at CTS? In Conifer.

Hello and Good day, the person managing the list, I would like to request an update.
Can you please update the this list for me? I am in the Rio Verde Foothills of Scottsdale Arizona these days. As for the future. I plan on working in both Scottsdale AZ winters(5-6 months) And Ninilchik Alaska for the summers(6-7 months) after 2023. Should be in AZ for the year of 2023 except for a few trips now and again. Building a shop and finishing the property we finished a house one.
e-mail robbie@powderpig.space Phone is threezerothree eighteightfour seveneightonethree
DBA Adventure Offroad
Ventures by Robear, LLC

Any Trip is worth the Venture and the learning that comes along with it.

Thanks, Robbie

Last edited:
Am I in the right place for FJ62's here - if yes, then based on my personal experience and a full refurb/restomod of my 1988 FJ62 and keeping my backup 1990 FJ62 rolling through the woods, down the beaches and along the highways...
I would like to nominate:
Bridgehampton Autosport
Address: 213 Butter Ln, Bridgehampton, NY 11932
Phone: (631) 237-1111

I've also seen a number of FJ60's in their shop along with many (too many) Bronco's, some Wagoneers and plenty of 50s-90s muscle.

Remove Henry's Auto Care (Tuscaloosa AL) from the list. Henry retired for medical reasons.

Reporting that these businesses and phone numbers are "Not in Service":
Metro Cruisers 9737590770
Jose Rivera 9739431705
grizzly 4-wd 9736609267

For North Carolina, I would like to nominate:

Asheville Vehicle Outfitters (AVO)
24 Sterling Place
Mills River, NC 28759

After I purchased my '90 FJ62 at auction in December, AVO performed a Birfields knuckle rebuild, rear main seal and torque converter seal replacement, oil pan and transmission pan gaskets replaced, all fluids replaced, including differentials, a complete tune up including valve tappet adjustments. The overall cost was reasonable and I have zero oil leaks now. They also installed an Old Man Emu suspension and new wheels and tires. I am really happy with all the work and would recommend them if you are in the Asheville, NC area. Eric is the owner, real nice guy.

Am I in the right place for FJ62's here - if yes, then based on my personal experience and a full refurb/restomod of my 1988 FJ62 and keeping my backup 1990 FJ62 rolling through the woods, down the beaches and along the highways...
I would like to nominate:
Bridgehampton Autosport
Address: 213 Butter Ln, Bridgehampton, NY 11932
Phone: (631) 237-1111

I've also seen a number of FJ60's in their shop along with many (too many) Bronco's, some Wagoneers and plenty of 50s-90s muscle.
Added to the Fj60 Mechanics gsheet.
Not sure why I missed this.

For North Carolina, I would like to nominate:

Asheville Vehicle Outfitters (AVO)
24 Sterling Place
Mills River, NC 28759

After I purchased my '90 FJ62 at auction in December, AVO performed a Birfields knuckle rebuild, rear main seal and torque converter seal replacement, oil pan and transmission pan gaskets replaced, all fluids replaced, including differentials, a complete tune up including valve tappet adjustments. The overall cost was reasonable and I have zero oil leaks now. They also installed an Old Man Emu suspension and new wheels and tires. I am really happy with all the work and would recommend them if you are in the Asheville, NC area. Eric is the owner, real nice guy.
Added to the FJ60 Mechanics gsheet

Good to know we spend time up there every now and then.

I am having problems with google my maps. Keeps coming up blank and I have to delete cookies to get it back which is a PITA. The map will not be update for a while unless someone else wants to try.

Tim's Toy Shop in Longmont Colorado is no longer in business. Shame as its 3 blocks from my house.

You can add Churchill Classics in Eldred New York. Their website is down for repairs but they are very much in business, one of my friends works for them.

Tim's Toy Shop in Longmont Colorado is no longer in business. Shame as its 3 blocks from my house.

You can add Churchill Classics in Eldred New York. Their website is down for repairs but they are very much in business, one of my friends works for them.

Added, do they do full service and restorations?

There used to be a kid in Longmont who was really good with Toyota trucks. His name was James and he had a stint running his own business maybe 10-15 years ago when he was maybe 20-30 years old. He ran the shop (James' Auto maybe?) and his mom (Diane?) ran the phones. He was also involved with the ratty Mazda/Honda tuner kid scene up there. Knew what he was doing, was very thorough, preferred OEM parts, had great pricing, and good follow through. Did a great full rebuild on my uncle's 4Runner's 22R back then and saved my neck on a 94 4Runner I had that another shop messed up. My uncle's early 2nd gen Runner has been on the road as a daily driver ever since, still going strong.

I wonder if he's still around. Does that ring any bells?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom