3FE alternator belt tension link (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone tell me the size of the screw for this linkage? M8? by xx long? Mine seems to have taken a leave of absence.
I assume it is NLA? I tried to find the part numbers but couldn't. I think I could get a long bolt and a barrel nut and weld a tab on it with a hole to fab up a replacement.

thanks,
-marc

1666230302955.png

TIA
-sammy

IMG_4721.JPG

@ToyotaMatt / VintageTEQParts sells a nice complete replacement kit for the 2F that should work here as well.

Hay Marc,

Hopefully this will help you.
It's about 130mm long ( 5" 1/8 ) x M8

View attachment 3145497

i offer this complete ALL NEW Japan Spec. NON-USA TOYOTA OEM parts :

one of the applications i designed into it was / is the 3FE alternator on a FJ62 or other TOYOTA Vehicle platform .....

PLUG . INSTALL , PLAY is the way !

1666337762349.png

1666337778040.png

1666337855867.png

I made a thing.
I'm still new to welding, so don't judge me too much. The only issue I have is that the bolt I found at the local fastener place doesn't have a long threaded section, so I had to space out the head with about 10 washers. It's a little janky but it works for now.
$5 worth of parts, and only because the minimum order at the fastener place is $5. Good thing I got enough washers to make the order $5. ;)

IMG_4749.JPG

The problem you'll run into is very little to no adjustment with that set up. You'll need a lot more threads on that bolt to be of any use.
✌️ :beer:

get some thread rod from McMaster Carr and weld a nut on one end to make your own bolt.

Also Mcmaster has 140mm fully threaded bolts: McMaster-Carr - https://www.mcmaster.com/screws/hex-head-screws-4/thread-size~m8/length~130mm/threading~fully-threaded/length~140mm/
Yeah, I knew I could get it from McMaster but I get frustrated paying their shipping for only a few bits. I went back to the fastener place this morning and switched out the bolt with one that is fully threaded. Will switch out the bolt tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom