Power steering box stuck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy all, Got knocked back on rego check for leaky steering box (pretty hefty leak, leaving puddles pretty well) and im having a tough time getting it off. Very confident that everything that holds it on is taken off/unbolted, she seems to be holding on for dear life onto the steering column tho.

1990 hzj75, i believe its the original box so thats 32 years worth of mud etc thats found its way into the sector shaft methinks. Just chasing suggestions on removal, cheers in advance.

5E243735-B12F-4AF8-B286-6B37C6BCA7FB.jpeg

Howdy all, Got knocked back on rego check for leaky steering box (pretty hefty leak, leaving puddles pretty well) and im having a tough time getting it off. Very confident that everything that holds it on is taken off/unbolted, she seems to be holding on for dear life onto the steering column tho.

1990 hzj75, i believe its the original box so thats 32 years worth of mud etc thats found its way into the sector shaft methinks. Just chasing suggestions on removal, cheers in advance.

View attachment 3150077
Quick edit: i got her out, after using a couple big pry bars i made a big enough gap between the column U-join and the box to then get a flat head in and belt the crap out of it with a hammer, job done.

45-ish minutes to unbolt everything; 5-ish hours to slide it off the column.

The photos dont do it justice but there was a LOT of crap built up on the splines.

6AA244EC-E00E-43A9-A8E8-55C3BB60B7B0.jpeg

534B634E-9185-4940-8BDD-679C302215B7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom