Wanted San Diego, CA - 75’ FJ40 aftermarket wheels. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.markkuz.com
I am looking to replace my later model white steelies with 15” or 16” aftermarket alloys.

Have this:
615EE347-0FF0-40C7-8189-6D5254E03FF8.jpeg

DFB1372E-278D-4797-BE65-BC5F4CBB4D60.jpeg

Want this:
F61BA6A3-8F51-4A27-B4B1-A8246C3D7BC9.jpeg

7FE8BB02-4002-451B-A8E9-8274DCF59C28.jpeg

Last edited:
Why?! Stock is better.
Just sayin'. It is your truck.
This is a haiku.
Just wheels it can always be put back to the correct grey steelies. What’s on it is wrong anyway and I am a fan of this look.

@Bluetribal Nice looking 40! I vote grey stock steel wheels with appropriate hubcaps! Aftermarket wheels typically have too much offset/too little backspacing and greatly increase the scrub radius making turning much more difficult with manual steering. I can tell you, turning my '69 with factory wheels and 10.5" wide tires is soooo much easier than turning my '71 with aftermarket alloy wheels and 12" wide tires.

That being said, your best bet for value is facebook marketplace. I recently picked up a really nice set of 5 aluminum 17" alloy wheels for $300 from a guy that just wanted new wheels on his FJ cruiser. They looked similar to the ones you want, maybe just slightly larger holes. They aren't for sale, but the point is that lots of people sell things cheap on Facebook marketplace. Its a great resource for 2nd hand goods at a very good price.

I am looking to replace my later model white steelies with 15” or 16” aftermarket alloys.

Have this:
View attachment 3149819

View attachment 3149820

Want this:
View attachment 3149815

View attachment 3150682
Why?! Stock is better.
Just sayin'. It is your truck.
This is a haiku.
Those are not stock.

@EWheeler

Mr. @Bluetribal ,

i will explain this desire to install those LOW quality aftermarket wheels in your example TECH. photos a different way here , in hopes you will decide to simply choose wisely here ?

have you ever been at a party and when a certain person enters the room for the first time that evening through the front door then , you hear the screech of the
needle on the record player skip and the room goes completely silent , including the record player music ?

this is exactly what will occur if you choose poorly and install ANY type of aftermarket NON-OEM wheel / rim on your very nice 1975 FJ40 ...

you already have JC Whitney mail order type white wagons on there now , why make the same mistake twice ?

- i suggest you ponder sourcing the 8/80 - Later FJ40 Factory White JAPAN Spec. OEM white wagon wheels , witch are NOT Steelie in any way ..... :cool:

- these have a timeless , progressive , not to mention rare-ish Factory Focus Points Mind Set Approach FIT FORM and FUNCTION personality all there own ....

you DO need to consider all the above well intended in-put , it's for your own good .....

my thoughts here on this topic on the other hand , also well intended will have ALL the ladies asking you for your phone # by the end of the night , the moment

your use your torque wrench and star pattern all six part # 90942-01021 chrome anhorn nuts to the correct FSM Newton METER value on my example TECH images below ..........

kinldy
matt

coolfj40_2271_74846711.jpeg

1666756421574.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom