Wait Times for LX600 allocations (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think I saw a white LX600 yesterday around noon in San Antonio (Alamo Heights area) to be exact. Looked pretty good.

Was thinking the LX may be a good replacement for my high mileage 200. But after driving a friend’s F-Sport all last week while he was traveling I realized that I absolutely cannot stand looking at the instrument cluster. Compared to the analog dials in my 200 , and what I have seen online of the 300 dials, the small digital display on the LX is not something I would enjoy looking at long term. It’s off the list. Buddy doesn’t mind but he doesn’t drive much unless he is on water.

Infotainment and nav setup was pretty out of date as well. What were they thinking?

Was thinking the LX may be a good replacement for my high mileage 200. But after driving a friend’s F-Sport all last week while he was traveling I realized that I absolutely cannot stand looking at the instrument cluster. Compared to the analog dials in my 200 , and what I have seen online of the 300 dials, the small digital display on the LX is not something I would enjoy looking at long term. It’s off the list. Buddy doesn’t mind but he doesn’t drive much unless he is on water.

Infotainment and nav setup was pretty out of date as well. What were they thinking?
I'm surprised at how polarizing various aspects of this vehicle are. I love it, and yes it has some oddities, but I am having a wonderful time with mine. Gauges are just gauges, and they are reasonably tasteful, nothing particularly fancy, but they give me everything I need to see.

It's the single image of the gauges that deters some, it just feels off, especially if you've never owned another vehicle with something similar. After 30+ motorcycles in my life I am more than used to the view of such a setup but it just doesn't feel right in an SUV.

Personally, it's the smaller interior space, missing split gate, and more GX look that disappoint me with the LX600. I am still not counting it out as an option in the future, but for now we just aren't clicking with it for six figures.

It's the single image of the gauges that deters some, it just feels off, especially if you've never owned another vehicle with something similar. After 30+ motorcycles in my life I am more than used to the view of such a setup but it just doesn't feel right in an SUV.

Personally, it's the smaller interior space, missing split gate, and more GX look that disappoint me with the LX600. I am still not counting it out as an option in the future, but for now we just aren't clicking with it for six figures.
I own several other cars with full digital displays and unfortunately the LX design team apparently never looked at their competitors.

It seems the TRD or Capstone Sequoia are a much better deal and it has a much nicer infotainment and display cluster layout. The Lx600 has a Venza nav screen. For real! What were they thinking. The entire dash layout looks like it came from a Toyota parts bin. However, the LX probably has better seats, sound dampening, better stereo, full-time 4wd and Lexus service.

I don’t think they did a great job with the gauges and it is something I could easily see them improving upon in future years.

I don’t mind the analog gauges in the 4 corners, but they could have easily expanded the digital screen and added more customizable options. The ability to overlay maps or choose various gauge setups seems nothing more than a software issue. However, with the current screen size, I don’t think that will happen until the enlarge the display.

It looks like late 2023 next-gen Apple CarPlay will be released. It has the ability to manage/control both the traditional infotainment, as well as the gauge cluster. I imagine this will allow for an even greater experience (Google maps on the gauge cluster, similar to Audi). Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like Lexus has partnered with Apple yet….

I don’t think they did a great job with the gauges and it is something I could easily see them improving upon in future years.

I don’t mind the analog gauges in the 4 corners, but they could have easily expanded the digital screen and added more customizable options. The ability to overlay maps or choose various gauge setups seems nothing more than a software issue. However, with the current screen size, I don’t think that will happen until the enlarge the display.

It looks like late 2023 next-gen Apple CarPlay will be released. It has the ability to manage/control both the traditional infotainment, as well as the gauge cluster. I imagine this will allow for an even greater experience (Google maps on the gauge cluster, similar to Audi). Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like Lexus has partnered with Apple yet….
There is also chip shortage issues to deal with, and I suspect the current gauge cluster probably compromised on less chips. There's a lot of room for future upgrades.

It seems the TRD or Capstone Sequoia are a much better deal and it has a much nicer infotainment and display cluster layout. The Lx600 has a Venza nav screen. For real! What were they thinking. The entire dash layout looks like it came from a Toyota parts bin. However, the LX probably has better seats, sound dampening, better stereo, full-time 4wd and Lexus service.

I have been seeing a few Sequoias now that production started up. The Sequoia does have a nicer dash layout compared to the LX600 from what I have seen so far, of course it doesn't have that Lexus badge or "made in Japan" heritage which might be an issue for some. Pricing between the two doesn't seem to be too different at this point if you talk about the capstone.

Not to mention the "market adjustment" markups lol.

Agreed.

I think it’s all relative. I was considering buying a GR86 earlier this year and was willing to pay $5k markup instead of being on a lengthy MSRP list or spend a lot of time searching for a car. But I could not do that percentage or higher on something like an LX600 while other people do and wouldn’t think twice about it.

Got this text from the dealership last night. On a "list" with deposit since Dec. 2021

I just wanted to drop you a note regarding your new LX. It has been slow going and the most recent allocation did not include a single F Sport for the entire region. Thanks you for your patience an I’ll continue to keep you posted.

I am going to go with a new 2023 BMW x7 for now and get on the GX or TX list.

Got this text from the dealership last night. On a "list" with deposit since Dec. 2021

I am going to go with a new 2023 BMW x7 for now and get on the GX or TX list.

The TX concepts are looking far too cross-over-ish for me. I have my fingers crossed that they nail the GX550 design.

The TX concepts are looking far too cross-over-ish for me. I have my fingers crossed that they nail the GX550 design.
Agree with you on the GX...leaning that way. Are the TX and GX550 both 2024 MY ? Is the main difference the TX will have more 3rd row space vs GX ? Will the size / dimensions order be LX, TX then GX (largest to smallest) ?

I am pretty certain that the TX will be their biggest vehicle. The 600 is slightly smaller than the 570.

I am pretty certain that the TX will be their biggest vehicle. The 600 is slightly smaller than the 570.
TX will be based on the highlander three-row platform, no? That being said, many crossover vehicle’s third rows are better designed and roomier than the GX/LX’s offerings.

TX will be based on the highlander three-row platform, no? That being said, many crossover vehicle’s third rows are better designed and roomier than the GX/LX’s offerings.

I honestly don’t know but I wouldn’t be surprised by that. I have less than zero interest in such a vehicle so I followed those details loosely. Regardless, there’s more usable leg room and cargo space behind the second row in a Highlander than the LX600. Other dimensions are extremely similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom