What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Try a different station. Maybe lay off the Red Bull. Lol
Yeah, all good, Like I later mentioned I think I was having Russel Wilson anxiety that day. This emissions testing here is still a POS, no matter how you look at it. It certainly doesn't make me feel any better about anyone in that building approving or even having a clue how to deal with a LT conversion I will eventually get to.
$15 later and a new updated OBDII app and plug to save a waste of time driving down and 5 minutes later, passed. Guess I go back to the OBDII test.

Moderator Note

Please do not post links to classifieds in this thread as they will get deleted. Discussions on Classifieds belong in that section. This is Tech. I would really hate to put my drink down to moderate this thread: :)

Replace original vacuum booster to Toyota crown jzs171 dual chamber. No any modifications, bolt on replacement. Cheap junkyard tuning 😁
6F87CE00-2841-46BD-92D0-D73A1E628D7B.jpeg
B8AD74C2-C2CF-49B2-A5E6-6EF557A25DE4.jpeg

I drew new door panels in the autocad and cut them out on a cnc milling cutter
Looking great.
Will you share the autocad files?
I had the same idea, but don't know how to copy the panels to a drawing program.

Replace original vacuum booster to Toyota crown jzs171 dual chamber. No any modifications, bolt on replacement. Cheap junkyard tuning 😁View attachment 3148002View attachment 3148003
That is awesome to know that the booster from the Crown will fit. Finding one stateside will be impossible, but I am looking at this option from PDI Coolers in Australia Dual chamber brake booster They carry one for the early 4 bolt master and late 2 bolt master cylinders that were used on the 80 series.

That is awesome to know that the booster from the Crown will fit. Finding one stateside will be impossible, but I am looking at this option from PDI Coolers in Australia Dual chamber brake booster They carry one for the early 4 bolt master and late 2 bolt master cylinders that were used on the 80 series.
Remember those are right hand drive vehicles, I don't think you can get the Crown booster in a US spec rig due to the intake manifold.

Remember those are right hand drive vehicles, I don't think you can get the Crown booster in a US spec rig due to the intake manifold.
You might be correct. It will be a tight fit but worth the shot.

Without removing the manifold? I still need to deal with this…
Yes if you leave the old one in place it’s a ten minute job. If not you can get that sucker out it’s just a PIA. I just loosen the intake plenum bracket and move it to the side then reach under there and undo the two hoses I capped both the intake pass thru hoses with screws and a piece of vacuum hose. Then attach longer hose to there perspective ports and zip tie in place. Grab the connector and hook it up. Then step 6 🍻

That looks great. Are you rebuilding 1FZ’s top top and bottom for others??
I am selling a motor I was going to rebuild for me but a gentleman reached out and it worked out so I rebuilt it to his spec. I am in the process of getting a good side hustle going with selling 1fz-fe’s but they are hard to come by. Also selling 80’s after I get a above average baseline and refresh. It will take time as I have a full time job and wife and kids.

I removed In shot. Broke down for cleaning.
Followed Otramm for lay of the land and then just mobbed.
That's the good stuff, I removed mine but replaced it with a new one, seemed like cheap insurance.

The transmission cable isn't to bad. I'm glad I pulled and rebuilt it with my 1fz refresh a few months ago.

I used 1/4 and 1/2 inch split loom with plenty of Tessa tape.

Screenshot_20221023-131431.png

Screenshot_20221023-131436.png

That's the good stuff, I removed mine but replaced it with a new one, seemed like cheap insurance.

The transmission cable isn't to bad. I'm glad I pulled and rebuilt it with my 1fz refresh a few months ago.

I used 1/4 and 1/2 inch split loom with plenty of Tessa tape.
I removed In shot. Broke down for cleaning.
Followed Otramm for lay of the land and then just mobbed.
I’ve had good support from
Fj80Oregon and Ajax😎

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom