Builds 71 Forty build - Tilda Bogue Service Station (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Shame on you for keeping track of costs! I like to stop keeping track once it reaches a certain point :)

I think people don’t quite understand what it costs to do a proper 40. I remember freaking out as the parts added up on yours

63ABB7DE-DEBE-43E2-95C3-F3847FBF2E13.jpeg

I like the transparency of sharing the costs. I think a lot of tv shows, etc have led people to believe you can go start to finish in a week and dirt cheap. The parts and time add up fast, especially when using oem and other quality parts. And none of that even accounts for accumulated tools, etc.
Final product looks great!

I’ve been putting split cases into 40s since I first built Project Patina

This is the first one I’ve hung off the rear bellhousing mounts.

I’ve had transmission hump clearance issues since I got it going. Just a bit too tight.

This is why I like the 60/custom crossmember. I can drop the rear of the driveline and give myself plenty of room to work with.

I have spent pretty much all day adding spacers and rubber between the humo and transmission to get the noise out.

Lesson learned. Crossmembers are more work but you need the extra clearance they give you.

I think I’m ready to take this one home now

7F282A22-3C34-45B6-B356-700F50023008.jpeg

@Birdhead sold JJ a beautifully restored steering wheel. I grabbed the horn button and it’s on the way back to him for restoration as well

5CC9F5CD-28E1-42C1-8325-06ADA025888F.jpeg

66DBEE54-D8F6-4180-8400-08B94D5E9AF3.jpeg

Thank you for the mention.
The finished product is beautiful. The 40 has been on the rack for the Wizard so I can’t install yet.

Nolan - always enjoy your documentary process - so much knowledge gained - thanks
so...on this one with a split-case / parking brake solution they had rear discs conversion so that solved that - youve done a bunch of these split case adaptions, is that kind of the 'established' solution (i know you have a 'system') I have a 3speed crossbrace (torque tube?) no room for a parking brake without removal
thanks

Curious, does that sat antenna pick up on the window ??? I got one up top and have had good luck getting signal , figured a way to link phone to android and send text while out in the middle of no where, pretty cool. The dang service is costly but you can turn it on and off when your back in town.

Afternoon stuff…swapping the 40 pulley to the 62 internal regulator style alternator. View attachment 2968062

Added the defrost hoses I got from Cruiser Corps
View attachment 2968065
Re Taped the main harness after I gave it a heavy scrub the other day. I did not do the side wires yet because lots of that will be eliminated with the one wire alternator and DUI ignition

View attachment 2968063
View attachment 2968064
Nolan, where did you get the tape? The dealer says it's NLA.

Nolan, where did you get the tape? The dealer says it's NLA.
Recently via Toyota. Maybe there is an alternative part number now.

It's Yazaki tape. Impossible to find here (aftermarket), but available if you want to ship from Amazon Jp. (or it used to be).

Tesa tape is the German equivalent (used on all high-end Euro junk). There's multiple flavors from both companies.

1666206546803.png

It's Yazaki tape. Impossible to find here (aftermarket), but available if you want to ship from Amazon Jp. (or it used to be).

Tesa tape is the German equivalent (used on all high-end Euro junk). There's multiple flavors from both companies.

View attachment 3144985
I used Tesa tape when I rewrapped my 80 engine harness. this summer. I had no idea that Toyota sold any tape.

Amayama says they have it, but they've lied to me before. We'll see in a couple of days.

I used Tesa tape when I rewrapped my 80 engine harness. this summer. I had no idea that Toyota sold any tape.

Amayama says they have it, but they've lied to me before. We'll see in a couple of days.
Toyota dealers have it, ordered recently:

Well, my dealer doesn't :(
1666363203676.png

Maybe I need to change dealers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom