A Pillar mount gauges RHD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been scouring everything to find a pillar mount gauge set up for my HJ61. Tons of 70 stuff in Australia. Nothing for a 60 series. I know there are universal ones I could form and trim, but...

Has anyone had luck on RHD set up pillar mounts? There is an old post from a user that hasn't been active in a year on 80 series pods, but no specifics on which one he/she used.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pillar mount gauges have their place I guess — but man you’ve got to see them mounted in person to appreciate how much they block your line of sight. I refused to mess up my A-pillar with chonky gauges.
You might regret it too.

Pillar mount gauges have their place I guess — but man you’ve got to see them mounted in person to appreciate how much they block your line of sight. I refused to mess up my A-pillar with chonky gauges.
You might regret it too.
Solid point.ive only seen images. I'm open to other placement options. Just two boost and egt

Not sure what was supposed to be to the right of my heater controls but it was already blanked out when I got it. I took a scrap of UHMW and custom fit it to the space. Then drilled out for the gauges and used two-sided tape to install incase I ever need to work on them. Has been great so far.

IMG_7392.jpeg

I've been scouring everything to find a pillar mount gauge set up for my HJ61. Tons of 70 stuff in Australia. Nothing for a 60 series. I know there are universal ones I could form and trim, but...

Has anyone had luck on RHD set up pillar mounts? There is an old post from a user that hasn't been active in a year on 80 series pods, but no specifics on which one he/she used.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm in the same boat, I've been looking for a few days and havnt found anything.

I've got 2 gauges in my 80 series pillar and it's no dramas, doesn't block anything.

I've got no space in the dash coz I've got the rear aircon cluster in the spot those gauges were just posted.

I'm thinking I might have to build a custom center console around the auto shifter to house them and a few cup holders and switches I think.

This is what I’ve done.
It can display pretty much anything you want.
I got the EGT and some other sensors hooked up to it.
( this is just a picture of it being bench tested )
25681563-1A8E-46F1-9095-AE69F0E56628.jpeg

In my hj61 I have one Redarc gauge that includes boost, egt and coolant temp. This is screwed to the A pillar, housed in the Redarc ‘cup’. This is pretty simple but works…

Thanks for all the input guys. Seeing as how its only two. I was wondering if I could fit them in in the blank spot used by Paco! Looks like I can fit them in right there. Awesome input everyone big thanks.
I pulled the dash, the Japanese head unit, the wiring they had for rear mount tvs, the bum camera wiring, and a whole mess of junk yesterday. It literally looked like a rats nest behind the unit. Took a second to decipher everything, but Its good now. Running a 24/12 inverter to a dedicated battery for all of the accessories. At least I know all of the connections will be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom