If I was to start all over again, I would... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the Onyx Black color for my 1997 and I was told recently that it's one of the rarest colors for that year.
Thats because no one wanted black. It doesn't make them special. :rofl:I had black '97 for 6 months and sold it in car park. I never got to the point of hating it but sure was close.

Thats because no one wanted black. It doesn't make them special. :rofl:I had black '97 for 6 months and sold it in car park. I never got to the point of hating it but sure was close.
If I could get my hands on a white or Moon Grey, I'd love it!

Would have added the Radflow shocks, HD Swaybar and Marlin steering components much sooner. One more month before I'm reunited with the LX... Love that slow gas guzzling beast.... Hope to see yall at the Round Up.. Somebody asked for pics.... Sway bar disconnects... that helps.

Nice shot.JPG

Rubithon flex.JPG

Since my last post on this thread 3 years ago, I've added WK sliders, front ARB bumper, cylinder head job with new OE engine harness, upgraded to 285 BFG KO2s, 7 pin mod and under driven Tcase gears. Just drove it back to NM from our place in Vegas and still gets 15 to 17 mpg. I've been doing upgrades slowly along with repairs when needed. I'm still impressed with the capability of this truck. It's still more capable than the driver!

IMG_20220917_182113058_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220201_142345038_HDR.jpg

Since my last post on this thread 3 years ago, I've added WK sliders, front ARB bumper, cylinder head job with new OE engine harness, upgraded to 285 BFG KO2s, 7 pin mod and under driven Tcase gears. Just drove it back to NM from our place in Vegas and still gets 15 to 17 mpg. I've been doing upgrades slowly along with repairs when needed. I'm still impressed with the capability of this truck. It's still more capable than the driver!

View attachment 3143465

View attachment 3143467
That is a really clean, tasteful rig. Well done. The white is so good, and your bumper and roof rack look proper. What roof rack is that BTW? It looks very clean, unlike my Ironman rack which looks like a travesty.

View attachment 3143467
Your getting 15 to 17 with the roof rack?

I assume that’s with the speedo/odo adjustment for tires/etc? Or maybe you’re pretty close anyway with 33s and the tcase gears? Pretty good numbers there, gives me hope for our road trip to Denali next year.

I assume that’s with the speedo/odo adjustment for tires/etc? Or maybe you’re pretty close anyway with 33s and the tcase gears? Pretty good numbers there, gives me hope for our road trip to Denali next year.
The speedo is spot on now. I did change the speedo gear to match the Tcase gears and tire size. I don't carry a lot of weight. I also did the cylinder head so everything associated with that job was replaced including fuel injectors, vacuum hoses etc. Mileage varies with elevation, wind etc but typically I'm around 15 to 16. I did get 17 on one tank with a nice tailwind!

In 2013 I felt like my LX450 was getting old and I wanted to replace it with something that was just as capable. I bought a 2013 unlimited rubicon off the showroom floor.......and traded it to the lexus dealership 5 months later, thank god they hold their value.

I don't think jeeps are trash because I like Toyota, I think they are trash because I KNOW they are trash.
Thats why I call them Heeps !... but to each their own ! If somebody likes Heeps then thats great ! I prefer Yotas... now on my 9th 4x4 a 80 series, and 10th 4x4 GX460 ... it took me along time to realize that yotas are best at least to me and alot of other folks.... As much as I don't wheel too much anymore in retirement ... I won't be selling the 80 and the GX 460 although capable, is our cruiser for going to dinner and long trips with.... which is fine by me . Once you get old enough and beat up enough , bouncing and what ever on trails loses it's luster ! ;) but its all good... !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom