GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks!
If you wanna see more of that rear end:

Just a heads up after seeing the way you swung your spare tire carrier over, you may want to be careful not to let it hit that stop with too much force.
Personal experience with my MetalTech rear bumper, I've sheared the locking pin once and had some car wash guys bend it again. Not sure how your swing-out locks or stops, but just a friendly heads-up!
Great looking rig! If you're ever down in Orange County, PM me and maybe do a trail or swap lies about our rigs! 😁

Peters Mill Run in VA. Slippery on the way up 🛝

4C7FB46E-DA51-4589-B6A1-D0D14BFADB08.jpeg

05B25839-A792-4188-BF0A-0D726141CDCB.jpeg

Got stuck in some soggy ground while out looking for spring wild flowers. Maxtrax certainly paid for themselves.

View attachment 3133016

View attachment 3133019

View attachment 3133017

View attachment 3133015
Gotta love 'em!
With all due respect, looking at your pics, that's why my MaxTraxx are bright orange. If you buried them, it may have been a wee bit harder to find them. The other reason for orange is that I can set them up in front or behind as a warning barrier in case of an incident where I need people to slow down and be aware. Kind of like flares.
Although my second set are tan.
BTW, did you ever find the wild flowers?? Isn't a little late in the year?

We did find a lot of flowers. It is spring in the Southern hemisphere ;)
Ha-ha-ha!!!
I didn't bother to see "Perth" and just saw the WA. In the U.S., WA is the abbreviation for our Washington state (not D.C. and that too can get confusing sometimes.), so I'm thinking you were up north were we're getting into Fall (or do you call it Autumn).
Great photos!

We've done that drive.
Beautiful drive going over that pass.
Seconded. Sonora Pass is one of my favorite roads over the divide. It's hard to believe they blasted a highway over that chunk of rock.

I've been wanting to check out Mt. Patterson and the vicinity for ages. The last time I was up that way we decided to go to Bodi instead, (my vote was overruled). Lobdell Lake looks like a good approach, so thanks for the tip, jdam. Maybe this year I'll do Thanksgiving at Topaz Lodge again, that place is my home away from home, away from home.

Bodi is very cool also! A real ghost town that's completely static with actual original owners belongings left behind!
Too bad it's been vandalized in the past, but at least the state is taking care of it.

Fall is here! Went for a short drive - Lobdell Lake Road, Lundy Canyon and Sonora Pass off highway 395 in California/Nevada. Also got my first few pinstripes on the side.

If you're ever heading towards Salt Lake on I-80, Lamoille Canyon just outside of Elko is a great stopover place to camp and do some hiking

A little mod for more every day driving - installed a dash cam.

This particular one is an VIOFO A119 mini wired with a Dongar technologies mirror tap for a really nice clean install. The GX/Lexus one is pretty much always out of stock, but the 2020+ 4Runner tap is the same plug and works fine (at least it does for my 2022).

IMG_0561.jpg

Spent a few days in Moab on a trip with the Rising Sun Club. A day at Fins n Things, another day at Gemini Bridges & Secret Spire and the last day at Dome Plateau. GX did great. Experimented with Crawl control, locked, 4L and 4H to see how the rig handled. Very happy with it. Will be adding skid plates to my Santa wish list!
DSC_0404.JPG
D715313E-2CEA-4958-9CAB-63762EE9B353.jpeg 16228EEB-389D-4009-A4F5-9DEDCD18D0A7.jpeg EBDEF4B4-AEDD-402D-81C6-2BEE86386E2A.jpeg

Handsome looking rig with an awesome backdrop!
Love seeing our rigs in the wilderness.

A little mod for more every day driving - installed a dash cam.

This particular one is an VIOFO A119 mini wired with a Dongar technologies mirror tap for a really nice clean install. The GX/Lexus one is pretty much always out of stock, but the 2020+ 4Runner tap is the same plug and works fine (at least it does for my 2022).

View attachment 3143187
Nice! I did this on mine, and want to do it on the RX. Did you buy the Dongar recently? They've been out of stock for a while, was wondering if they're back.

Spent a few days in Moab on a trip with the Rising Sun Club. A day at Fins n Things, another day at Gemini Bridges & Secret Spire and the last day at Dome Plateau. GX did great. Experimented with Crawl control, locked, 4L and 4H to see how the rig handled. Very happy with it. Will be adding skid plates to my Santa wish list!
We were also in Moab for a family trip this weekend, but my brother & sister-in-law blew the rearend on thier GX470 with the Rising Sun group.

764F5E36-C904-45AC-8834-7434EB798085.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom