What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

unnamed-2.jpg

Alternator bearing was squealing like a pig this morning, I may have over tightened it a couple months back. Only 5 years old and still charged fine. Put Duralasts lifetime warranty to the test and got another for free. It's too shiny for my grubby engine bay. 🙂

View attachment 3140795

Putting shiny parts on rusty/dirty parts. This is the way.

New alternator died on the way to the trail this morning with less than 50 miles on it, forcing me to turn around and head home. Guess they don't make them like they used to, now I get to swap it out again. Joy! 😬

IMG_20221015_112048_275.jpg

Bought the last of their new ones in inventory. And, also, a base.

Just a couple of holes in a couple of washers for the stand's ball, and a 1/4" ball-bearing.

The natural angle is to place it about a foot under eye-level, and stand about two-feet away. Gonna stay in the bedroom, until I hook up with a tree branch on the forest service 'jeep trail' and need a replacement. I have some used stuff that might be interesting too.

IMG_0266.JPG

IMG_0268.JPG

great parts vehicle, nicer than what i started with

I’d probably have finished my build years ago if mine had looked that good to begin with… I’d repair it rather than part it out.

I haven't had to take a wrench to my FJ40 for a while. Went for couple hundred mile drive on the 14th looking to buy a new car for my wife. Did a little freeway and took some back roads but closest I got to actual off roading was when I parked under a tree at the Chinese restaurant. The old rig purred right along the whole time. Got the wife a car and on the way home had her clock me. I was a bit disappointed to find that the Land cruiser's speedo is pretty accurate. I always figured the Toy was at least 5miles over what it showed but that's not the case, 65 is 65.
Did use 4 wheel a few days earlier when I took the trailer to my part of the creek on the south end of my property to get a load of sand and gravel.

Just drove it and filled it up with non-ethanol gas.

With some cracking starting to appear on the coolant hoses, I'm starting to plan out what other things I want to get done while I have the coolant drained.

New alternator died on the way to the trail this morning with less than 50 miles on it, forcing me to turn around and head home. Guess they don't make them like they used to, now I get to swap it out again. Joy! 😬

I get it….

Went to the pumpkin patch. Crazy year, would normally be happy to have a day in mid October with light rain and upper 50’s. Today was 80 and so smokey you can’t see half a mile.
3789B2D0-3BE5-4388-BCE2-249C873F561F.jpeg

Went to the pumpkin patch. Crazy year, would normally be happy to have a day in mid October with light rain and upper 50’s. Today was 80 and so smokey you can’t see half a mile.
View attachment 3142558
Yap, same mess up here.
Looks like you still had a good day out though 👍🏻

How do you like those Generals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom