Builds Moe Green - Tilda Bogue Service Station (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I spent the Tennessee/Alabama polishing this turd.

View attachment 3141591

Bossman said the old man waited until the mud was dry and used a hammer to knock it out from under the fender.

View attachment 3141592

And 💥 one side is done and the Kenda 33x9.50r15s look perfect
View attachment 3141593
View attachment 3141594View attachment 3141595
Beautiful truck. Wish I had been working on my truck instead of watching that game….well at least the rivalry is back on.

Internal tire pressure monitoring system in a non-modern Toy? The next script-flipper could be inside, unseen?

Either way, my back isn't strong enough for changing the kind of tires that most of Mud admires. Mine weigh 23.8 lbs unmounted, and I'm 5'10" 125lbs. I guess that those Kenda's weigh about 55lbs, 60lbs for something 10" wide at that diameter. Things happen when you add a tire's diameter.

Looking at the Max Load for a 215/75/15 BFG KM3 it is 1765lbs. The Kenda Klever in 33x9.5 is 2535lbs. The difference, multiplied by four, is 3080lbs. With big tires, the overall difference in Max Load between stockish diameter treads is as much as the weight of a minitruck, or an EV Hummer battery.

Last edited:
Internal tire pressure monitoring system in a non-modern Toy? The next script-flipper could be inside, unseen?

Either way, my back isn't strong enough for changing the kind of tires that most of Mud admires. Mine weigh 23.8 lbs unmounted, and I'm 5'10" 125lbs. I guess that those Kenda's weigh about 55lbs, 60lbs for something 10" wide at that diameter. Things happen when you add a tire's diameter.

Looking at the Max Load for a 215/75/15 BFG KM3 it is 1765lbs. The Kenda Klever in 33x9.5 is 2535lbs. The difference, multiplied by four, is 3080lbs. With big tires, the overall difference in Max Load between stockish diameter treads is as much as the weight of a minitruck, or an EV Hummer battery.
Sorry, I have to ask what is the relevance of the state of your back and the max load difference between the tires you seemingly chose over those that Nolan chose to mount on his own vehicle? Is it a suggestion that he bought the wrong tyres?

As for the TMPS, it is long already available in the form of internal sensors that connect either to a monitor or an app on your phone.

You’re going to end up on lots of ignore lists. I’ll start. - #1

Things do happen when you add larger tires.

Yes, the braking and acceleration suffer the bigger and heavier you go with tires but the improvements in lower RPMs and ride with the extra sidewall flex override the above negatives.

Kenda brought back the long beloved 33x9.50r15 size that so many of us loved when BFG had it. In the past 4 years I’ve spent many thousands of dollars on 16” rims to run 235/85r16 and 255/85r16 to get the proper tall/skinny look and ride. I’m stoked to have this option.

Edit : new wheel/tire combo is 76#

Just got back from a long side-by-side ride with my friends and it’s time to polish on this turd some more. Check back later for some after shots

FC249D94-328B-43D8-B61E-681B27359536.jpeg

FD8914FF-42C8-43B0-B74D-B97F9788F7BE.jpeg

C196A076-A155-4A99-8F4E-8EB46E4A13CF.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry, I have to ask what is the relevance of the state of your back and the max load difference between the tires you seemingly chose over those that Nolan chose to mount on his own vehicle? Is it a suggestion that he bought the wrong tyres?

As for the TMPS, it is long already available in the form of internal sensors that connect either to a monitor or an app on your phone.
My back muscles can't pick up a mounted 33" tire on a wheel and get it on the hub, the spare carrier, no problem. No injury, just weak.

I always criticize modifications, I rarely mention their benefits. Also, I'm way more comfortable modifying my own stuff than suggesting that others do the same.

I'm not a pure 'purist' - just the drivetrain part. I've had great experience with the tread contact a bit closer to the knuckle bearings and hub. The kingpin angle always stays the same, but, if you do bigger tires, the contact location changes. All the tread and road contact is on outside the swing of the kingpin axis, on a stock situation (below). This isn't true with greater diameters.

IMG_0270.JPG

The less tread, the more it conforms to the surface under it at a given vehicle weight / tire pressure. Yes, Kenda calls for a 6" rim - I'll let them take the blame. I think Nolan's choice of shoes is appropriate.

Last edited:
The rear hard top sides have the only cancer. The original owner put a boat rack on it.

This section is way harder to deal with than the other sections due to all the angles and small cracks.

I got as much of the primer off as I could with Goof Off then dove in with CLR and polish.

FD64ECD2-8877-4293-9506-9E7785A7F4DD.jpeg

F3D299A6-C422-4B23-8E0B-8E8F7F547BA4.jpeg

8C27DF81-D800-4652-A597-2BC8E16A9948.jpeg

0ABF81DC-F2A6-4B6F-961A-BF597CD94695.jpeg

Aight. Passenger side is done. 6 hours for rear and side. Time for a beer.

I have to do the windshield frame and grill and the outside will be done.

51FDE9F2-07C7-4EBC-BE78-23014712E59D.jpeg

334EFCC2-D255-4EB9-8083-F6F773A4A132.jpeg

You waxing by hand or machine?

Moe Green came without a fuel door? I don't remember my filler neck sticking out so much.

That is the incorrect (too early) 4Runner for those wheels? IFS, torsion bars, yep, neat and effective. Wonder what the difference is for scrub radius? I think it is a 2nd or 3rd Generation of 4R look?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom