Fall Crawl 2022 - who's going? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnVee

SILVER Star
Threads
Who's going, and when is your ETA?

I'm hoping to arrive Wednesday afternoon so I can pre-run trails on Thursday for my Friday and Saturday groups. I'll be in my stock '96 450 with fresh springs again this year...unless I can find time to swap on the 35's from my green 80. Thursday is a definite ETA if I can't make Wednesday.

Is the ONSC plan to camp in the same little wooded cove that everybody but me used last time? if so, just remember to go PAST the first single track entrance into it that stuck somebody last year! I think that means ignoring the sign that make it look 100% like that's where you need to turn left! :bang: Camp 6 is the main area and you can always turn around from there and access it if you overshoot that little area.

If you don't already have a radio programmed to the CLCC/ONSC-combined freq's that we settled on prior to Carolina Relic Run, there might be availability to do that on-site as long as you post here what kind of radio you have so that @emorth and @StaleAle can bring the proper cable if they have it. Perhaps Ed can post up the CHIRP file here to program it yourself at home. Pro tip: ONSC uses stock FRS/GMRS freq's and CLCC uses the same freq's with a modification per channel.

I'm going and will be there Thursday after 1200. I programed my radio using the file and my computer off the communications post from earlier. Hope I did that right. Glad to know about the little wooded cove spot and hopefully will find it by ignoring the sign as recommended. Can't wait to see everybody.

@AWOLDoc If I get there on Wednesday, I’ll put something out to mark where to turn left into that area. Camp six opens up to the right at the point you’d turn left into the smaller area. It’s easy once you’ve seen it. I’ll look for a map to mark up sometime soon.

Speaking of…. Download the Maprika app and load “The Cove by BGORC” map. There is no official map of the land. This is the best digital map you’ll find. There will be a modified printed version of it in the registration packet at check in.

I’ll be looking for you and trying not to get stuck. 🤣

You're coming?! Hell yeah. For some reason I thought you couldn't make it.
Probably because that’s been the norm lately. Yeah when stump asked me to do the shirts and hoodies again for him I basically had to go. :)

Wife is coming and we’ll have the tent setup with a few merch items available. No cruiser as usual but I’m hoping I can play musical shotgun again with you nutcases.

This year I shall bring better shoes too. Damn slippery rocks.

Also - arriving Friday now. Shirts are running late.

Pardon the rookie, what is this event? Not on ONSC calendar.
Annual capital city land cruiser shindig in gore VA. Greta trails and a great time.

Greta trails
B5AFF398-234D-4CB1-ABF0-0E86439290E9.jpeg

Sells out in hours. 100 trucks. Private land that only opens the OHV trails to organized groups. ONSC made a strong showing last year and claimed a lot of the raffle prizes (payback for CLCC winning the driver raffle prize almost every time!).

I can't get out of CLT early enough today so I'll plan to wake up early tomorrow to arrive by 2pm, then just dump my gear and grab somebody and try to make a loop around the upper side. @AWOLDoc? I'll be in a white 450 with an ARB roof rack.

I guess I won’t be getting home according to plan. Transfer case let me know it was dry about 15 miles after leaving camp today. @OTRAMM will have a filthy surprise in the morning!

03E423A8-6D6A-4065-B738-7059AAE3B224.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom