What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just looked at my 2002 LX and it does not have the charcoal filter in the air box, as mentioned above… No evidence of there ever having been one.

My '99 does not have one as well. Perhaps that is a '03+ only airbox?

I’m not sure when they became commonplace but it’s a late model thing. My ‘07 has one.

I’m not sure when they became commonplace but it’s a late model thing. My ‘07 has one.
I wonder if it is used/required in conjunction with the air pump system later developed for emissions. Carbon does help mitigate fumes and helps to skirt cafe standards leveled by California. I believe the "Nader" Corvair was amongst the first to try adding carbon/charcoal in its system in an effort to avoid its ultimate demise by congress and the environmentalist back in the day.

tumblr_nj4fgeWetz1qk08n1o1_500.gif

Installed walker muffler and resonator, direct replacement. Had zero issues installing it, saw some comments about needing to bend rods, etc. did not experience anything like that. Nice kit delivered in two days from rockauto

Did you get the kit that has the flex pipe, muffler, and resonator? How long did it take you to put it on? I'm about to order from rock auto, I see 273 for the whole kit with clamp and gaskets, but an extra 100 for shipping

Did you get the kit that has the flex pipe, muffler, and resonator? How long did it take you to put it on? I'm about to order from rock auto, I see 273 for the whole kit with clamp and gaskets, but an extra 100 for shipping
Just muffler and resonator, thought about the flex pipe but mine was in good enough shape not to replace it. Came with muffler clamp for resonator and one gasket for muffler, bought and extra gasket as the muffler needs two. Start to finish took about an hour and a half. I did buy new bolts and springs. My shipping was only 65.

Pulled the head unit out and installed the bt45-toy to improve the Bluetooth situation. Not as bad as I was expecting. Now I just need to figure out where to put the microphone. It looks like garbage just hanging down by the rear view mirror right now. Next up is replacing the door speakers with something that doesn’t sound like the cone is barely hanging on by a shred of paper.
You can pop it into the overhead console in place of the factory mic location. Its really easy to get into that console. I did that seen here: BT45 TOY Install - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/bt45-toy-install.1234989/post-13533045

Or alongside it as @YezusLX mentioned, which might be clearer.

20221014_134521.png

Replaced my raggedy steering wheel. I really thought I'd dislike the mismatched materials a lot more, but I barely notice.

View attachment 3140521

Replaced my raggedy steering wheel. I really thought I'd dislike the mismatched materials a lot more, but I barely notice.
I installed mine over a year ago. I am completely in love with it - it is the best steering wheel feel of all the cars I have ever had!
20210603_123848.jpg

After I had installed the front bumper and winch I adjusted the torsion bars due to front end droop. Dropped it off to get an alignment and received a call from them, the rear brake line popped. This is not good. Firestone seems less than enthused to work on it, need to talk to one of their mechanics in the morning for an estimate. If they don't bend me over the barrel I might have them do it. I am running out of time before COTR and worried I can't get this thing where it needs to be in time. SMH

Water pump, timing belt, fan bracket, oil change, surface shield for the frame and underbody. 212,700 miles. Old timing belt was in great condition. Gates water pump had multiple leaks. Too long 12mm we’re loose. O rings were leaking. Fan bracket looked original and had a crunchy bearing.
50D6CDC3-2850-4A32-8809-3C1A62724E7E.jpeg
D578C3BD-E4F0-43F5-80C7-22A5A331960B.jpeg
BCFB3D29-1028-45A4-AE90-A0CC6BF03365.jpeg

Found scrap aluminum at my metal supply shop sold by weight. 1/8” plate and 1/4” aluminum. Purchased Sherpa mounts with their ss hardware and t nuts extrusions. Had to do some tig welding to add more width to give the front more real estate for the roof curve.
I put a white wrap on the roof prior to starting. I think I’ll keep it raw.

View attachment 3119760

View attachment 3119762

View attachment 3119763

View attachment 3119764

View attachment 3119765

Please tell me hope you did the slots. When i did my DIY Prinsu rack i didn’t know how to do that without spending a lot of time drilling two holes then cutting out the slots
+1 how did you make those cuts? Super clean. jigsaw free hand? Thanks for the photos, i'm going to try putting one together too

Is there DIY roof rack thread? Maybe i need to search more

+1 how did you make those cuts? Super clean. jigsaw free hand? Thanks for the photos, i'm going to try putting one together too

I have video and pics of my build I just have to get my butt in gear and do an actual write up or video to upload to YT

Reactions: ls6

If you zoom in on the pics it does look like a jig saw was used. You can get bits for a router that work on aluminum or basically any carbide bit for wood works, with some jigs and straight edges/fences you could basically achieve a redneck cnc. For long straight cuts you could do a drop cut on a table saw or plunge with a circular saw and a straight edge. Load as hell and throws shards so wear you PPE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom