200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would have no qualms about using a SL tire. It's certainly no worse and possibly more robust than the OEM tire based on the load index. There's no safety here. Whether that will meet individual expectations or enthusiasts usage outside of stock parameters, is a separate question.

I would take RCTIP with a grain of salt. It's a good cross check and starting basis, but is not all encompassing. It does not for instance address handling and stability. Only that the tire carcass will not overheat given said load. 26PSI IMO is way low for a tall profile tire like that, that will risk sidewall rollover in a more dynamic handling maneuver. At worse, possibly even lose a bead. I would recommend 30-35PSI is a better ballpark.
Yeah I was afraid to go that low. I'm at 30 currently. Definitely comfortable but may go back up a little. My other vehicle is a Ram 3500 so even at 38-40psi the LX was very comfortable to me.

Yeah I was afraid to go that low. I'm at 30 currently. Definitely comfortable but may go back up a little. My other vehicle is a Ram 3500 so even at 38-40psi the LX was very comfortable to me.

Reminds me as I filled up the car today. With gas prices coming up hugely, touching on $7/gallon of premium in CA!?

Should make anyone question whether a 26PSI recommendation was ever a good idea?

The assumption that the stock tires PSI was based solely on load has always been flawed.

Reminds me as I filled up the car today. With gas prices coming up hugely, touching on $7/gallon of premium in CA!?

Should make anyone question whether a 26PSI recommendation was ever a good idea?

The assumption that the stock tires PSI was based solely on load has always been flawed.
$7/gallon. Ouch!

It‘s over $7gal in Menlo Park but that’s chump change in that zip code.

And here I thought $2.50 / gal was too high filling up a few days ago 😄

Back on topic... anyone rocking the NV305's in double black finish yet?

Figured I would add more a review than a new size. Nitto Recon Grapplers were just released and I wasn't as happy with the E rated Ridge Grapplers I put on my tundra a couple weeks ago so I decided to give them a shot. On the street with a 2" lift the 285/70/18s ride like factory on a +25 offset Method Wheel. Very Happy. I don't do much off-road besides the beach which I am sure they will be fine. If anyone wants an aggressive looking tread but smooth and quiet I recommend so far.

Figured I would add more a review than a new size. Nitto Recon Grapplers were just released and I wasn't as happy with the E rated Ridge Grapplers I put on my tundra a couple weeks ago so I decided to give them a shot. On the street with a 2" lift the 285/70/18s ride like factory on a +25 offset Method Wheel. Very Happy. I don't do much off-road besides the beach which I am sure they will be fine. If anyone wants an aggressive looking tread but smooth and quiet I recommend so far.
That’s good news. I was supposed to get mine installed on Friday to test out on my trip to Florida but they didn’t come in on time. Post up some profile pics of them

That’s good news. I was supposed to get mine installed on Friday to test out on my trip to Florida but they didn’t come in on time. Post up some profile pics of them
CDA23CB4-063C-48C6-9689-631001BC50B6.jpeg

I’m embarrassed it’s filthy but I’m happy with the end result.

Hello all!

I'm throwing a 2" Ironman lift on my 200 next weekend and trying to figure out what the tires will look like.
My currrent setup is 285/65/18 AT with OEM front leveling spacers and 1.25" Spidertrax spacers on stock 2009 wheels.

Will my tires look small? Will they be ok? I'd prefer to have a 34" tire but dang it, I just bought these tires like 5k miles ago.

DSC7750_50.jpg

With tha
Hello all!

I'm throwing a 2" Ironman lift on my 200 next weekend and trying to figure out what the tires will look like.
My currrent setup is 285/65/18 AT with OEM front leveling spacers and 1.25" Spidertrax spacers on stock 2009 wheels.

Will my tires look small? Will they be ok? I'd prefer to have a 34" tire but dang it, I just bought these tires like 5k miles ago.

View attachment 3140276
With that wide offset it’ll probably look good.

How does the 32.5” tire on an effective 28 offset drive on the highway? Any darting when going through puddles?

Sweet!

I would say I don't notice a difference. Was actually driving in some extremely heavy rain/puddles yesterday and it felt the same as when I had no spacers.

2.5" in the front, 3" in the back when it's empty like the pic. BP-51s with 2723s in the back. It levels out abit when both fuel tanks are full and the rear tire swing out is on
How did you go about fitting them? I see you still have front mud flaps on. Are you running spacers? How much trimming/fender liner adjustment did you need to do?

25mm spacers. SPC UCA set to +3 let me pull the wheel back enough to clear the kdss by about 3/16".
The mud flap is OEM, but heat gun to flatten it and keep it tight to the body mount. I have about the same clearance (3/16") on the body mount.
No trimming or adjustment of the fender liner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom