FJ60 Window Regulator help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ocho77

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.op-art.guru
I’ve reinstalled this new window regulator 4 times, along with all new window runs. It rolls down halfway, and it catches on the bolt that holds the glass to the motor. If I take the glass out, the arms don’t reach out far enough to hit the bolt. What am I doing wrong? I'm driving myself crazy. This should literally take 20 minutes.

Video below.

is it the correct sided regulator?
identical to the one you replaced?

Yes, Toyota regulators come marked for LH and RH side.

I will say that I'm not replacing manual regulators. Changing my wife's FJ62 from power to manual windows. Ordered new regulators from Toyota. I'm at a loss.

I have a 62 and when my door panels are off all the noises and rattles are like this. Is usually my inner seal isn’t holding in place or tracking as designed. I’m entry level though

Something is definitely off there. Could the regulator be off on the mounting points by chance? Just put this one back in on a drivers door. It’s a dormant replacement
979D89B3-9353-4D4F-8929-20C0C413AA0F.jpeg

T
Something is definitely off there. Could the regulator be off on the mounting points by chance? Just put this one back in on a drivers door. It’s a dormant replacement View attachment 3139453
Thanks for the pic, Jimmy! I’ll take a look when I get home. It works fine until I bolt the glass to it, then binds up halfway down.

You
T

Thanks for the pic, Jimmy! I’ll take a look when I get home. It works fine until I bolt the glass to it, then binds up halfway down.
You got it Jonathan. The panel is off this truck I’m working on so glad to take other pics/measurements if that would help. Cell is 713-805-3962

This is the driver side. The motor is installed correctly. Below is a picture of the same three bolts as @CenTXFJ60

If I remove the left bolt from the window channel, the window rolls up/down freely. However, below shows a video of how the window motor channel pulls away from the window with the bolt removed. Is there an adjustment for this?

This is a brand new Toyota regulator. I purchased new Dorman regulators before this and have had the same problem with both. The passenger side is the exact same issue. This is why I believe I'm doing something wrong, just have no clue what it is...

2B5F5ACA-B74A-4CEF-90B3-3B8019066B2B.jpeg

If you bolt in the electric version regulator does it work correctly? This is a really weird issue as I’ve removed and installed more that a few and I literally slap them in. It’s hard to think anything could be mounted backwards or off to any degree. I don’t know of any adjustments. Does not mean there are not. And is that the same glass you were using with the electric version? If not, is there a chance that end cap at the bottom of the glass (that the regulator mounts to w/2 bolts) could have moved side to side? Long shot…just scratching for things on your behalf :).

If you bolt in the electric version regulator does it work correctly? This is a really weird issue as I’ve removed and installed more that a few and I literally slap them in. It’s hard to think anything could be mounted backwards or off to any degree. I don’t know of any adjustments. Does not mean there are not. And is that the same glass you were using with the electric version? If not, is there a chance that end cap at the bottom of the glass (that the regulator mounts to w/2 bolts) could have moved side to side? Long shot…just scratching for things on your behalf :).
Electric ones worked great, just swapping for manual. I am using the same glass. Literally unbolted the electric motor and bolted in the manual, which is why I’m stumped. I have drill this weekend so it will have to wait til Monday.

Thanks for all of the help!

Electric ones worked great, just swapping for manual. I am using the same glass. Literally unbolted the electric motor and bolted in the manual, which is why I’m stumped. I have drill this weekend so it will have to wait til Monday.

Thanks for all of the help!

I just had a time putting a new regulator in my '83. I was having the same trouble with my glass binding up halfway down. Make sure the glass is seated in the vertical felt/rubber track on the inside of the door (closest to the body), as if that is off it will bind up since it's not "in" the groove. Also, like a few have said, the little bolts are very short, and I wouldn't crank them down just yet, especially the 2 that are the ones closest to the door lock.

Keep us posted man, good luck!

If I remember correctly from last time I did this there is some adjustment of sliding the lower linkage side to side. Seems like that could help? As 2mbb mentioned is the metal bracket thats attached to the glass positioned correctly?
1665758210134.png

Looks like someone took the glass out of the metal channel that mounts the glass to the regulator. I see wood there. You may want to measure from the rearward side of the glass to the metal channel and see if it is the correct distance.

1665767857051.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom