Bolt on 80 Series Tire Carrier Compatible with Factory Bumper (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ah, I see what you're saying. I'll look into that.

Thanks
Probably the easier way to do it would be drill out one side of the frame (on the mount side) slightly larger.

Glad to have another option, I'm interested for sure. Curious how much it's been stress tested so far - how long have you had it on and have you had to make any changes because of issues?

Another update, I am updating the price to $820 SHIPPED. This includes all shipping costs within the continental US.
Hi, The carrier looks awesome, would you consider designing one on the other side? Bit trickier i know because of of the exhaust pipe. Is this something you could ship to Australia?

Glad to have another option, I'm interested for sure. Curious how much it's been stress tested so far - how long have you had it on and have you had to make any changes because of issues?
The prototype is pretty new. We have done some testing and measuring and it is working great. We also can run computer simulations to determine stressed areas and measure a factor of safety. We are pleased with the results. The carrier is designed to be a reliable option for the moderate wheeler that desires to retain the stock bumper.

Hi, The carrier looks awesome, would you consider designing one on the other side? Bit trickier i know because of of the exhaust pipe. Is this something you could ship to Australia?
I will have to look closer at this, I took a quick look under that side and I think it would fit fine. I got a very rough shipping quote and it was around $500-$600 but I can explore more options if that is something you may still be interested in.

It's super cool to us that people on the other side of the world are interested in this!
Thanks!

Another update,

Because of the interest this has gotten, I am finishing up some fixturing to make the manufacturing process smoother. I have most of the materials on hand for the first batch which I plan to start producing later next week!

On the prototype, I incorporated a mounting system on the back of the carrier. This included a Molle style hole system and various combinations of patterns to give flexibility in mounting small things on the back of the carrier. Even included a Rotopax compatible mount. I was going to take out this feature on the production model but now I plan to leave it in to give more options to the end user. It will look similar to this:
IMG_20221003_181804995_HDR.jpg

The Rotopax fuel tank would not fit between the carrier and the tailgate but other accessories might. We are looking at making a bracket that will move the Rotopax mount to the side of the tire. That may come later if any are interested. Another possibility may be a option for a small fold out table top attachment to give you an extra bit of space to set things on.
I'm open to suggestions/ request.

Thanks

Another update,

Because of the interest this has gotten, I am finishing up some fixturing to make the manufacturing process smoother. I have most of the materials on hand for the first batch which I plan to start producing later next week!

On the prototype, I incorporated a mounting system on the back of the carrier. This included a Molle style hole system and various combinations of patterns to give flexibility in mounting small things on the back of the carrier. Even included a Rotopax compatible mount. I was going to take out this feature on the production model but now I plan to leave it in to give more options to the end user. It will look similar to this:
View attachment 3138687

The Rotopax fuel tank would not fit between the carrier and the tailgate but other accessories might. We are looking at making a bracket that will move the Rotopax mount to the side of the tire. That may come later if any are interested. Another possibility may be a option for a small fold out table top attachment to give you an extra bit of space to set things on.
I'm open to suggestions/ request.

Thanks
A bracket for the Rotopax/fuelpax mount would be awesome. I know for sure I’d try to Jerry rig a table onto there when I purchase mine if you guys don’t end up making a table attachment.

62D6C5F7-2CAF-40E7-9BD7-E1E75A6A0B4C.jpeg

Sorry for the crude drawing, my fat finger was having issues tapping the screen.
Maybe the table could lock into that hole at the top or just use a magnet to keep the table folded up. use cable ties to support the table when it drops down?

Btw, signed up for the notification email.

Last edited:
I now have a couple on hand that are close to being finished and more in the line up. I have now opened the website to start accepting orders. I plan to build inventory to get turnaround times down, but I have to get to that point so I ask to bear with me until then.

Thanks everyone!

I now have a couple on hand that are close to being finished and more in the line up. I have now opened the website to start accepting orders. I plan to build inventory to get turnaround times down, but I have to get to that point so I ask to bear with me until then.

Thanks everyone!

I’m trying to order from the website, but it only gives me the option to notify when available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom